Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Apple provide goods and services which people value. Hence their success.

Roon is no different. Just on a slightly different scale!

To appreciate the scale… a month ago my local HD that holds my files served by ROON started failing. I got a new one, but copying 3.5 Tb of music(~115000 tracks) took about 20+ hours.
It is beyond me how they manage 75 million songs and let it all play at a click of a button by millions.

Beauty (value) is in the eye of the beholder. Apple is eco-centric - Roon is far from this model.

Exactly.
If Amazon bought Roon, it would be ruined within a year.
But I seriously doubt they have the slightest interest in such a product.
That would take millions and millions of high res subscribers, and those same subscribers complaining about the UI and asking for something like Roon.
Highly unlikely.

2 Likes

I just started te Amazon hd music trial. So far I listened to The Fellini Album, i think it sounded better than tidal. I have heard some bad sound on some tidal classic rock albums, will see how it compares. Since Quobuz is unavailable and tidal is more expensive I may have to reconsider Roon sub. I have 3 months on tidal so will hold on for that long.

+1 for Amazon Music HD

A refresher quoting Danny on March 25th, 2020

4 Likes

Yes. I suggest those using Amazon Music go to the app settings and under Contact Customer Support fill out the Submit Feedback form and ask them to consider ROON integration.

Also, word on the street is that Amazon Music HD does a better job of delivering high-resolution audio than the other ‘main’ HD streaming services. Even Neil Young says it’s good. Still can’t get Qobuz here in Canada so I can’t compare. However, other than the less-than-stellar UIX I like Amazon HD.

It’s good (and sad) to see this thread still has traction two years since inception.

Cheers!

1 Like

I read that a year ago but I was hoping by now there would be a slight development in integration?

Cmon.
Be serious.
I don‘t like JayZ - but Jeff Bezos?
Like musicians? But want to spend less money? How That?
No Rock’n’Roll out there? Supporting the big numbers as soon as possible? And leaving the tiny ones all alone ‘cause they‘ll die anyway.
You all will leave Roon asap when Amazon brings out its own roonlike app.
Dear Roon, don‘t listen to those opportunists, please don‘t waste a second in Amazon-Integration.

2 Likes

How does it do a better job on high resolution audio? Amazon is known for throttling data rates based on network traffic, and for not taking control of the audio interface sample rate (no exclusive mode).

1 Like

The Oxford English is the most comprehensive dictionary of the English language.
20 volumes.

Calm down man! :slight_smile: (JOKE) This will never happen and not because roon is some nirvana level of a software (it’s far far away of that and it’s very save to ever become something like, but that’s another subject) but because if there is something that Amazon is very bad at, it’s the software (including AWS).

And there is nothing wrong with that, it’s called free market. Unfortunately the general direction most of the software applications are going these days is not a very optimistic one.

It is in my observation that you are safe on this one too: they don’t listen and waste no time on nobody (opportunistic or not)!

There is an alleged ‘exclusive mode’ on the PC App. I say “alleged” because it doesn’t work. The output sampling rate doesn’t change in line with the source material…

2 Likes

I read a bit of this thread. My guess if it hasn’t happened by now, it isn’t going to. I am considering streaming only and prefer one integrated service over the other, so will probably just subscribe.

On a side note, I donated my small CD collection (138) to Salvation Army today. Most CD’s I had for 35+ years.

Given how bad the Amazon Music UI is, I would have thought they’d jump at the chance for Roon integration! Craziness!!

7 Likes

auralic has now integrated amazon music in their lightning app.
Seems to work perfect.

Would be really great, if roon could do that too …
https://community.auralic.com/t/important-firmware-and-app-announcement/9726

Roon requires full integration and Amazon will not allow that.

1 Like

Just catching up with the Auralic announcement regarding Amazon HD - Darko put out a great overview of Auralic ahead of this. Does anyone have experience of using both the Auralic Lightning app and Roon? As a lifetime Roon member, I find myself using Roon less and less as the content of the supporting apps for KEF, BlueOS etc. get better and better……

1 Like

If you only stream, you may not need ROON. With a mixed Roon and local library, Roon pulls it all together seamlessly.

2 Likes