Internal HDD not exposed as a share, changed IP?

Yes. That is the issue I have. When I reboot ROCK the second folder disappears and I show the 2TB via web, but only 240 GB when mounted.

Any word on this issue? Thoughts on whether it is a bug, hardware issue or user error? @danny

Ok, There are actually 2 issues hereā€¦ one of which I know (but not have yet fixed), and the second of which has left me confused.

1. Using the original release, there was definitely a bug related where formatting internal storage on a drive that already had a existing partition resulted in a exit code 7. Rebooting and formatting after may have worked, but Iā€™m unsure what was causing that IP changed error.

ROCK 1.0.72 fixed this issue.

2. @guerph is seeing an InternalStorage-2 and itā€™s unclear if @fritzg is seeing this. Iā€™d like to understand how you got into this situation, as I can not reproduce it. If you reboot, do you still see InternalStorage and Internalstorage-2 ? If so, I may need more information and/or logs.

The current situation of storage being ā€˜out of spaceā€™ is a weird side effect of how SMB works and how we expose 1 share with all your drives inside it. Although it is reporting the size of the M.2, there is actually more space there. It is MacOS Finder that is preventing the copy to occur.

If you were to copy 200GB at a time to that InternalStorage folder, it would work fine, and youā€™d get no reduction in your free space. I need to find a solution to fixing this, but the workaround for now is to use a program to copy your files incrementally. I personally would use rsync/cp from the Terminal, but I understand that is not a good solution for everyone. Iā€™m looking for a program on MacOS to help do this copy incrementally.

Yes, @danny. I see the Internalstorage-2 (and it says 4TB total) until I reboot, then it goes back to 2TB and internal storage goes away.

The 200 GB problem persists as you note.

ive just pushed a new release (1.0.73) that should fix your disk space reportingā€¦ now itll add up all the disks (ssd + internal storage + usb disks)

want to give the internal storage another reformat?

Thanks. This works. (Though I still got the IP error.) Iā€™ll know for sure in about 9 hours when all is copied. :slight_smile:

And just curious, when I enable ā€œMusic Folderā€ in Roon will it maintain my library as before or will all the albums appear as new? I donā€™t have any drives enabled at present.

If you did a backup/restore of your db, itā€™ll be fine,but Iā€™d not, itā€™ll be all new

The copying of my files is taking longer than I thought. Iā€™ll have feedback tonight.

This works. So far so good, though with build 75 I had to re-identify the core and re-import all the music for the second time (not copy again to the HD, obviously, just a re-import).

Thanks for working on this and other ROCK issues over the weekend, @danny

Hi Danny,

I can re-produce the internalstorage-2 here as well. (fyi Iā€™m not using a NUC, its a HP Z230 with i7-4770 - so might be related to that)

Format the drive and all is fine, Showing 250Gb

Format the drive a second time and I now have a -2 folder and the OS now reports 16Gb available (until I restart the Server)

At this point I can copy file to both folders but on a reboot the contents of internalstorage-2 becomes internalstorage and what was in internalstorage is lost.

Also with build 75 Iā€™m still getting the Changed IP Address message after formatting the disk.

Thanks
Duncan

build 1.0.76 fixes the internalstorage-2 issueā€¦ i was able to reproduce and fix it. in Roon, visit settings -> about to force checking for an update.

2 Likes