Internal Music Storage "Not Ready"

See screenshot. I have reviewed these board for some guidance, mostly seems bad drives, or cables.

Setup is a ROCK operating on an Intel i7 NUC with a 2.0 TB Samsung SSD 980 Pro drive attached via USB cable. I have already, restarted everything multiple times, refromated the Ex Fat drive, reinstalled all the data files to the drive, connected the external 2TB drive to my PC and used it without error/issues by listening to the FLAC files on VLC and Media Player.

Thoughts? i’m not sure how to get under the hood of the NUC – is there firmware/BIOS in there that could need updating, or does the Roon OS/DB do than when it updates the ROCK.

Thanks -

A.k.a. an external drive.

grafik

This is an internal drive built-in into the NUC chassis.

One has nothing to do with the other. This internal drive needs to be formatted before you can use it. See also:

thank you for the reply @BlackJack. to clarify, the M.2 NVMe is not internal it is external. It’s in a housing (which is compatible up to US4.0 NVMe SSDs). the drive/housing is connected via the USB 3.1 Gen 2 port (USB-C connector) on NUC.

It has been working fine life to date without major changes in the library - say about 18 months. In addition to operating well at home and via ARC, it has been backing up normally as well over that 18-month period.

Finally, a mistake in my first post, it is an i5 NUC (incorrectly identified as an i7) – model is BOXNUC8i5BEH1.

Thank you

Then what is your issue? Your screenshot shows an internal drive. Does the information about the internal drive vanish from ROCK’s web configuration page if remove the external drive (a rebooot might be required here)?
Do you mean to say that your external drive suddenly became recognized as an internal drive instead? If so what happened before that happened? Did you perform an OS update on the NUC? Did you reboot the NUC?

i’m not sure what happened, it was working fine for well over a year and didn’t require anything but a reboot from time to time. Just a few days ago it failed to recognize the folder on that drive which contained my all my FLACs. I did update Roon recently and my recognition of the issue happened aroudnd the same time.

I cannot add the folder as that location is not recognized by the OS on my computer/phone/ipad. see screen shots of the program’s storage – it just says the folder moved and is no longer there. I cannot add it as the program cannot locate the folder (or any folder on that drive).

It thinks it’s an internal drive i assume because it’s an NVME connected by a 3.1 port – but i’m not sure.

i’ve already reformatted the drive and reinstalled all the music data.

i’m at a loss.

Sorry but I can’t see such a screenshot here. Again: Does the information about the internal drive vanish from ROCK’s web configuration page if you remove the external drive (a rebooot might be required here)?

1 Like