Introducing MUSE - precision audio control on the go

You definitely shouldn’t have to reset the app every time and I’m sure @support can look into that for you.

But to answer your question – no, they are stored in the cloud with your user profile so they will survive a reinstall, new phone, multiple devices, etc.

6 Likes

Acronyms get reused all the time. I turned up at customers more than once when I was at Microsoft to find they wanted to talk about the previous usage of a recycled Microsoft product acronym :grin:

3 Likes

It’s on the bottom to the right

I find it helpful to start a track and let it play for a few seconds before pausing it and exiting the app on my iPhone and it starts up smoothly the next time I play ARC after a few days or so

I’ve thought that the next feature I’d personally want added to Roon is a real-time EQ GUI. And that’s what this addition to ARC is.

Hoping the new EQ user interface makes it way to the Roon app in the future. And also waiting (patiently) for the iPadOS Roon app (but I can definitely make do running the iOS app on my iPad).

This is a great feature update to ARC!

4 Likes

Big thanks for Muse. Not sure I will use it much on ARC (although EQing my different IEMs might be interesting) but the real “Thank You” is for a simple piece of usability/accessibility. I am, sadly (really sadly, believe me), totally 100% deaf in one ear. Bad enough with speakers but headphones… Everything has to be in mono with headphones.

No problem I can set that in Android Accessibility. But since I always use a USB DAC dongle with ARC it would really be good to have ARC connect to the DAC bit perfectly and circumvent Android audio completely. My DAC doesn’t have a mono mode setting so until now I’ve not been able to achieve this. Along comes Muse and I don’t even have to build a filter like I had to on the old DSP setting on Roon itself, there’s a simple Mono button! Fantastic. Plug in DAC, allow ARC to take control, set Mono filter on and bye-bye Android audio.

I use ARC regularly, and have almost no problems, sometimes it seems to jump to next track but i suspect that may be my overly sensitive phone detecting some sort of touch.

I must admit if I were to have a criticism of Roon it is the weird and confusing terminology, core, bridge, server, remote, nucleus, ARC, and now Muse? What’s wrong with Server, Player, Portable or Mobile, DSP and other names that people can relate to. But that’s not a discussion point for this thread.

So, well done on a simple but incredibly useful accessibility fix.

6 Likes

Ooh, that’s both unexpected and very welcome, particularly if one is setting up a bunch of headphone presets - great work :grinning:

2 Likes

Just wish it had access to AutoEQ headphone presets like several other apps do. This would be far more convenient than having to manually set the eq. Will need to set some time now to set each headphone iem i will use.

4 Likes

I don’t see it yet on my ARC. I reset my connection to my Core and I still don’t see it.

1 Like

you need to update the app, if iOs go to the app in the appstore update should show up.

2 Likes

Make sure that you updated the ARC app. You will have to do so through the App Store on iPhone or Play Store on Android. As was said before, availability in the stores will differ depending on location.

Check the version you have in ARC > Home > Settings. It should show version 1.0.38 Build 100182

2 Likes

Is there a way to use my existing convolution filters (eg for my headphones) with arc/muse?

2 Likes

We’ll set all my iems and cans up using AutoEQ settings in Muse. Didn’t take long and what an improvement it makes.

2 Likes

Roon can apply EQ to DSD without conversion to PCM; however, it appears the Equalizer in ARC converts to PCM before the Parametric EQ step.

Do others see the same when applying EQ to DSD tracks in ARC?

Can we please try to stay on topic here which is the introduction of MUSE and your interaction with it, not any unrelated perceived other issues you feel you have with Roon.
Support section is the correct section to try and find solutions for your other concerns.

3 Likes

Wow, this is awesome. Many Thanks to the Roon development team!

Considering what I bought all those years ago, Roon just keeps delivering!

5 Likes

Got my update this morning, this is awesome. Good work guys!

2 Likes

Question for the Roon team:

Once you select a MUSE preset on a device, is there any way to deselect it? My guess is I need to create a dummy preset that disables EQ and volume leveling.

——
Update - I see that each ARC “endpoint” gets its own preset when initially connected. This unsaved preset defaults to Volume Leveling: Auto and Headroom Management: Auto (or that might only be the default with my Bluetooth “endpoint”).

Regarding EQ… there’s an option in the Equalizer setting to “Reset to default”. This resets all EQ bands and disables EQ for that preset.
And one interface suggestion:
——

I think the order in which the frequency / db / Q are entered by the user should be in that exact order. It would be better if you swapped the position of the “db” and “Hz” circular buttons on the Equalizer setting page. It seems more likely that a user would first enter the frequency… then the db adjustment value.

1 Like

@jamie - THX. It looks great. Well done!

I would love to use ARC and the new MUSE on my DAP. But with low SQ on a DAP it don’t make sense.

I would be nice to get a feedback on ARC and DAP.

Thanks

Torben

What a nice surprise! Roon continues to delight! I guess I can eliminate one of my RaspberryPi endpoints and an ifi signature DAC. Just use roon arc and a dongle DAC. So easy to use. Just last night I was thinking how nice sample rate conversion and EQ would be. And here it is. Great job folks!

3 Likes