Introducing MUSE - precision audio control on the go

Hey Roon Community gang! You asked, and we’ve delivered!

Roon’s DSP suite and pristine sound quality have arrived in ARC - with bold styling never before seen in a mobile app. MUSE places radically unique EQ handling, optimized balance control, volume leveling, DSD & MQA support, and more in the palm of your hand.

MUSE delivers the precision audio control of Roon when you’re on the go or running a streamlined mobile setup with ARC.

We’ve also renamed Roon’s audio engine & DSP suite MUSE to reflect the unification of our audio engine technology across products.

You can access MUSE by pressing the MUSE sound wave icon on the ARC home or Now Playing Screens.

Take a look around, try it out, and let us know what you think in this thread! As always, we appreciate your continued enthusiasm and support.

21 Likes

Is roon muse available in Canada?

It should be available to all Roon users. Muse is the branding of the DSP system that has been added to ARC. Additionally, the branding has been brought back to the Roon App.

2 Likes

Was the email I just got generated by chat GPT then translated or something?

So basically its EQ in arc?

How about fixing some of the major issues in the actual roon app?

Cheers

6 Likes

It sounds like you are addressing that to me when I’m just a fellow user like yourself .

3 Likes

This has long been at the top of my list for most-desired features and I’m sure many others would agree. Excited to try it out. I’m not sure what the value is about complaining about a new feature because there happen to be other improvements that are higher priorities for you personally.

Curious if there’s any way to use existing parametric EQ presets from my Roon DSP or if I need to re-enter them manually?

9 Likes

Hey @GuacParty, we’re happy to see that you’re as excited as we are about MUSE. Unlike library changes in ARC, MUSE presets aren’t shared between Roon and ARC. You’ll have to recreate them in ARC. However, once that’s done, switching between saved presets takes a single click.

2 Likes

I need help then I could not understand the email but as I understand it EQ for ARC yes?

Its hardly the key issue of roon is it, or is it something else?

Sorry for my frustration but I got into roon with the promise of finding new music and roon radio is just straight up broken now and roons silence is deafening. Yet we get all the frivolous bits for a phone app.

7 Likes

I’m confused. Is this a serperate app or an update of ARC?

1 Like

MUSE is a new feature in ARC. It’s not a separate app. Update ARC, and you’ll find the MUSE Icon on the ARC home and now playing screens.

Great idea, but how about fixing ARC as an actual app first, focus on the basics before the fancy stuff.

Still unusable via CarPlay, despite the myriad feedback you get from users.

15 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced difficulty with Carplay, @Beanoir - many users have been using it without issues. Please launch a thread in our support section so we can take a closer look at your problem.

1 Like

The Muse symbol is not showing up in ARC. Is this update coming?

2 Likes

I followed these super useful instructions to setup DSP for my headphones on Roon at home.

The method is just to download the files from the linked page then upload them into the Roon client.

Is there a similar way to do this for the new ARC MUSE engine? Or does one have to enter them all manually into the Equalizer?

Given how often I have to use the “Reset Roon ARC” facility on my phone, do I lose the EQ settings every time I do that? That would be a pain.

2 Likes

The update has been released, you should see it soon. Availability can vary a bit by region but there shouldn’t be much delay for you given your location is listed as U.S. here in Community :pray:t3:

Every time I launch arc the only way to make it work is to reset it. You guys are running before you can walk, sorry.

9 Likes

Kudos to the Roon Team on constant innovations and adding more value to Roon :+1:

At least for those who can use ARC, because I still cannot use it, it just does not work (it is the very well known IPv6 problem)…

While I truly appreciate the innovations (1st sentence at the beginning was not irony), I do see the need to consolidate and make it work better or work at all, as in my case…

12 Likes

Agreed, the focus really should be on the core product

6 Likes

Might be a reason for that… :smile: I’ll check it out.

While I appreciate the value of branding, it seems to me that “Roon DSP” is a well-established and more informative brand than “MUSE”, which doesn’t really tell you what it means. I’ve never really understood what “Valence” is, for that matter. I hope the marketing team did some user surveys before suggesting this re-brand.

10 Likes

Then there’s clearly something amiss with your setup, since this is not normal behaviour. You should open a Support request if you want to get to the bottom of this.

3 Likes