Introducing Nucleus One - the most affordable Server Roon ever made!

Don’t ask me - I don’t work for Roon Labs, and Roon Labs don’t say anyway - it’s a Roon Appliance, not a general purpose computer. The specs talk about its Roon capabilities; e.g. library size and number of simultaneous endpoints supported…

4 Likes

Looks, and probably sounds good… or doesn’t sound at all…

I have an Intel NUC, so I don’t think I have to buy this one at the moment… first wait for the reviews that praise the absence of fan-sound…

3 Likes

This appears to be a really good solution for newcomers and other users wanting a simple reasonably priced way to enjoy what Roon has to offer.

Good to see this coming out.

5 Likes

Well now. Color me excited. As others have said, I will wait a few months but my NUC is long in the tooth and I am now glad I didn’t move forward with any upgrade.

1 Like

A must purchase for me. I was set to build a Rock system in an Akasa case but this saves me the trouble. This may be one of the best fruits of the Harmann acquisition. Being able to sell hardware at non High End pricing is crucial.

5 Likes

Right, and that makes total sense to spec it based upon Roon load and capabilities. But for those of us that have learned (often the hard way) the difference between a NUC i3, i5 and i7 or newer generation NUC versus older, it would be interesting to know where the Nucleus One falls in the NUC spectrum.

But hey, great product/price for anyone entering the Roon world or those that are ready to move off their PC or Mac to a dedicated Roon server. If I didn’t already have a NUC, I’d be all over it.

One has to wonder if they’ll be a more powerful Nucleus Two for those with large libraries and/or heavy use of DSD/DSP and/or huge houses full of endpoints.

4 Likes

@jamie - certainly a great move when addressing the mass-market. That way laying the foundation for growing the business.

But - PLEASE - an update is needed:

Torben

1 Like

So, what’s the process specs? How large a library can it support? Any advantage over my NUC i7 with 32 Gb memory?

1 Like

Great news, a Roon Everyman nucleus.

having to reboot my NUC a little bit too frequently for my liking currently so a product like this interests me.

Please Roon don’t forget Europe and have a EU distributor.

.sjb

17 Likes

What about NAA for HQ Player? I assume the NAA is not built in as there is no mention. What are the output limitations? 768hz PCM? DSD?"

I am ready to order once it is available in a UK spec. hopefully by the end of the year

5 Likes

Library Capacity shows 10,000 albums (100,000 tracks)… for Glenn’s question.

I am curious if it will accommodate a PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD or if it has to be a 2.5" SSD.

Can you clarify your question? The m.2 slot will already have an m.2 SSD installed holding the Roon OS and Roon Server software. There is an internal SATA connector available for the optional 2.5" drive for local music storage…

1 Like

It’s in the published specs:

Hard to say, not knowing what generation your i7 is. But I would guess not, this new one seems a replacement for the regular Nucleus.

This is a completely different thing. This device is just like a Nucleus on more recent hardware, running Roon OS.

I was hoping for another PCIe slot instead of the SATA connection.

1 Like

For music storage, SATA is perfectly adequate, and you can have up to 8TB in a 2.5" SSD…

6 Likes

Ahh man, bummer! I have 11537 albums! Otherwise I would buy it! Dang it! :sob:

Well, it’s running Roon Core OS but it’s also a network streamer - Ethernet in > USB out to a DAC.

So how do I use this if I have 170k tracks, and growing

1 Like

Look at the Titan? Or a DIY build, I would think…

1 Like