Introducing RoPieee - A RoonBridge-to-go image for the Raspberry Pi

it’s .4 for Ropieee but yes that and ropieee.local works. That’s how I’ve been able to always reboot when I get this bug

I’ve just hit reboot and as usual, this fixes it. I’ve also just sent new feedback in this working state

The cold boot has never been a problem with DietPi and Picoreplayer, on this exact same network btw

ok @dabassgoesboomboom thanks. I need to look into this further. I compared both logs and I’m seeing 2 things: the first is that on the ‘wrong log’ the extension is not able to discover a Roon core (resulting in the screen) and 2: the network configuration timing in the boot sequence is different.

More and more I’m thinking this is a timing issue. And to come back to your remark: yes, cold vs warm can make a difference, because in case you pull the plug the whole board has been without power, meaning no chips etc. already initialised.

I need to think about this. and also if we can find a way so I can log into your RoPieee on site.

No I’m sure. Could be just a simple timing issue that somehow hurts RoPieee.

Ok fantastic

1 Like

well, depends on how you look at this :wink:

LOL I’m sorry, poor choice of words on my part :cry:

1 Like

If anybody else has a simple-ish setup (one Roon core) please help to send Harry some feedback logs too.

It might help him spot a pattern or something in common with people having this issue

ok @dabassgoesboomboom for now I need to postpone this until tonight. Will do a log ‘line-by-line’ diff and see what can cause the difference. The only annoying thing is that this does not happen in my infrastructure, but we need to deal with this I guess.

Harry… yesterday I disabled the DigiAMP+ HAT on my LCD unit (still attached tho so the power is supplied via the HAT) as no speakers are connected now. then I changed the Control zone to use the ROCK core with a new DAC on a different Ropieee via USB. So the LCD is just doing display duty, no audio playing.

The DAC was left playing overnight running in. Both Ropieee’s would have rebooted at early hours of the morning…but I just got back after being out all day and looked at the LCD… it is NOT at the 1:112====4:23 screen now…but I have to go out now so won’t have time to check much more right now.

Happy to bash the feedback button if you like for a compare

Absolutely no rush Harry. A quick and dirty solution is to add an auto reboot after a cold boot but I know you want to actually find the issue rather than an ugly band-aid solution like that

and I should mention that it looks like its at the same place on the screen ready to play as is the remote on my iOS and mac for that device.

Yes, it’s true that I reported seeing the blank 1:12 screen as well - but that was a few betas ago. I haven’t seen this issue for a couple of weeks(?) now, and my RoPieee is set to reboot every night.

I can’t help feeling that it’s something to do with the two IP address spaces that Harry reported seeing. That’s definitely odd; and I know that I only have one address space on my internal LAN.

That’s probably enough for it to never be an issue, as it’s a cold boot issue

Well, OK, but since a couple of weeks, a cold boot has also not shown the issue. On my setup, a cold boot shows first the bootup messages, then a blank screen, then the 1:12 screen, followed less than a second later with the current playing/paused information…

2 Likes

That’s why I think this is a timing issue.

I can’t login using ssh as root. Did you close it?

No I did not, although that will happen some day.

I believe I’m experiencing the same issues as @dabassgoesboomboom and @wizardofoz. After 3:04 reboot screen show Unknown and extension is not seen by Roon Core. I sent feedback a few moments ago, I haven’t tried to correct the problem today, still at Unknown screen and extension not recognized.