iOS Car Bluetooth Autoplay

I recently switched from android to an iPhone. I presume this an iOS issue rather than roon, but couldn’t find a solution with a quick search.

I solely use Roon while at home and then have a few tracks on my phone that I play with Apple Music while driving.

The first few days I’d come home from a drive and my home speakers would be playing via Roon. I thought perhaps I forgot to pause when leaving. Then I realized that even though I am pausing and potentially not using Roon for hours before leaving, when I connect to my car it auto-resumes Roon and since I’m still in my driveway I’m still connected to my network and thus it starts playing.

Is there anyway to circumnavigate this without fully exiting/closing the Roon app on the iPhone? I do not have CarPlay just standard Bluetooth.

Ideally I’d be able to have it ensure that Roon does not autoplay and that Apple Music resumes from where the song left off (most of my car tracks are two hour compilations so it gets real annoying when it just starts from the beginning vs resuming position)

Switch to Apple Music on your phone before you get into the car.

My iPhone auto plays whatever was last playing on the foreground audio app.