Pro Series iOS Phones Not Locking to Higher 120FPS Refresh Rate [Ticket In: Affecting Pro-Series iPhones]

Well with iPhone 12 Pro here fast scrolling is quite fine though when slowly scrolling (which happens quite often when browsing through playlists etc) before the list gets to a complete stop it still stutters noticeably.

@benjamin

Thank for the quick reply.

This has been going on for more than two years now. I doubt anyone is doing anything “actively”.

After two years the issues was fixed for the most part and “unfixed” in builds which followed.

Surely the team know what needs doing here.

I would also expect someone to comment on what is causing this behaviour since this was never disclosed (to my knowledge).

1 Like

Yes very much love to see an open communication here too. As iOS is the central part of the Roon interaction for many and when using playlists and browsing stuff which Roon is supposed to be used for - it’s annoying to see permanent stutter especially the slower the scrolling is (which is is of course 80% off the time as a use case).
@benjamin Very much looking forward in the name of all users affected to get a status update on a final fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@benjamin So can we finally get an update about the current status. Many months are passing by without any feedback.

Is this thread open? The problem still persist.

I’ve lost all hope this will ever be fixed. Shame…

2 Likes

I switched to android.

I’ve stopped using my iPhone :smiling_face_with_tear:

I still have all my iOS devices, but I have dedicated Fire HD10 tablets that sit in my core listening devices. And I love them because, well, no jittery jumpy.

1 Like

It’s really sad that neither @benjamin or someone at all from @support is giving a reply here.
ROON must definitely be aware about the importance / number of their iOS user.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post a bit of an update, just to make sure no one thinks we’ve forgotten about this! We’ve been able to recreate a few instances of choppy scrolling on our end. I can’t say if it’s exactly what each user is experiencing specifically, but improving the smoothness of scrolling is definitely on our radar and being discussed.

With that, we do have a ticket in with development and it’s on their to-do list. I’m not able to say just how long their list is, but we do have movement on this issue :+1:

I will of course post any additional updates as they come. Thanks!

4 Likes

@benjamin Thanks for the post and nothing against you personally but this has been an issue for over two years now and it’s mind-boggling to see it’s not a priority and all we get are more excuses.

4 Likes

Piling on here, but the look when scrolling does not suit a $800+ software…

This seem to be worse than ever in the latest builds (b1167) and i also bought a new iPad mainly for Roon usage…

3 Likes

The current „update“ very much reminds me on this back then:

Massive stutter still here on an iPhone 12Pro.
Couldn’t not upload screencast (file you are trying to upload not authorized) but the problem is well know / reproduced by ROON anyway.

@benjamin Please at least provide an update about what the „movement“ finally is.
There are builds and builds and we have this highly obvious bug for such a long time making it really painful for those many users affected.

Does anyone yet know why only some users are affected? Any hypotheses? I have an iPhone 12 Pro and an iPad Air 5, and my kid has an iPhone 13. No stutter. Not trying to diminish what all else are experiencing. I’ve seen the videos. I’d be righteously annoyed. But doesn’t happen to me on any of my iOS devices. Weird.

Would also like to know this.

Whilst the remote stutters so bad on my iPhone 13 Pro, making me not want to use it… ARC on the same phone is butter smooth and I imagine it’s build on the same platform?

It is the 120Hz Screen.
Go to settings - accessibility - motion and activate the “limit frame rate” setting, reboot the phone.
Thereafter the screen works with 60Hz and the stuttering is completely gone.
Once you switch back to 120Hz its there again.

1 Like