iPad Version of Arc

yes, I know.
but I think that points are important for other routers too.
I think it‘s not only for fritzbox.

The only router I have seen here on the forum (and I have seen many) that lets you enable UPnP on a per-device basis and has this “allow independent port sharing for this device” is the Fritzbox. It’s a very cool feature (I have a Fritzbox) but it’s different everywhere else.

In any case we would need to know the error message in Roon > ARC Settings (if any) and it would be best if @Ross_Frank opens a new thread in #support:port-forwarding-help because the issue has nothing to do with this thread about an iPad version of ARC

really, only the fritzbox enables this?
I don‘t know.
And Yes, we are in the area of
„iPad Version of Arc„

Yes and I have had a lot of different routers over the years.

My server is a sonicTransporter i7. Roon reports that it has configured my router for ARC.

Will do, thanks.

Sorry, HUGE difference.

Port blocking, service restrictions, throughput throttling, guest mode, etc. Whether restaurant/public Wi-Fi or (sorry) “AT a restaurant ON wifi” I wouldn’t expect reliable results.

True, depends on the restaurant. I was thinking a restaurant where one knows that wifi is not overly restricted. It’s how I tested my ARC first from external LANs, at the little restaurant at the corner where I could ask. Work LANs are probably even more restricted. But it it’s true, unknown and possibly locked down restaurant wifis are not the best test environment

It’s a good point, we probably should not hijack all these threads with this kind of comment - which I think I have been guilty of myself a few times. Keep to the topic at hand so that others coming back can get the info they’re looking for.

Other than screen Realestate what’s the issue? I would rather they fix the constant crashes and stopping of play (recovery) before they work on a bigger interface.

Different OS on each, no carplay support on iPad, pencil support on iPad…
Each impacts dev and support.

My experience with ARC in iphone 13 is good and no problem I left my DSD external library connected and I acces to it like at home
Only thinh I miss is acces to radio in ARC
Why?

Same happens at home where Roon is operating perfectly on iMac, MacBook Pro and iPad. On iPhone, Arc disconnects, screen goes black, re-connects, plays for a few seconds and disconnects again and re-booting the iPhone re-starts the cycle

Any predictions for the release of the ARC version for iPad?

RoonLabs never comments on expected timelines. It’s on the roadmap as per the Feature Suggestion, and that’s more than we usually get to know in advance

1 Like