Iphone not an Audio Zone

All of a sudden I am unable to select my phone as an Audio Zone. iPhone 14Pro. There is no option to enable it in settings. The odd thing is I can use ARC to play music through the phone. I have not changed any network settings.

Go into Roon’s device setup on your iPhone and check if it‘s accidentally set as a private zone, then disable to make it visible again.

Is this when using the Roon app on the iPhone itself? If so ensure your on exactly the same subnet as the core or it won’t show the ability to use it as a zone but will work as a remote. Restart your network gear and see if it helps.

If this is from an another device that your not seeing it then on the iPhone itself in audio settings ensure private zone is turned off.

If your core is windows ensure that windows firewall is not blocking Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe for private network and the computer is set as being on private network. Windows has a nasty habit of changing this in OS updates.

Yes, I see the problem when I attempt to use the Roon app on the iPhone. I don’t see a device to set up on the phone in Roon Settings Audio so there is no way to see private zone. I am attempting to use the phone as a remote and the phone as a playback device. On the phone the build is 1303.

Problem solved… My Express VPN is the culprit.

1 Like