iPhone not showing album covers on playlists [Fixed in build 880]

This is because Roon made a general design mistake with forgetting album art on playlists in their 1.8+ release. As mentioned here by many this is actually hardly usable in that way - strange to see @support still not providing a feedback of when to fix this.

1 Like

Iā€™m not even referring to playlists. This is happening in the general Album view. Happening with both my local and Qobuz content.

Absolutely - forgot to mention, the whole album/playlist usability is broken.
And all other major services and tools are doing it right.
@dylan Please add / adapt in the headline here.

We should adapt the thread title to better address this - itā€™s not just playlists

Ok, I just tried changing the DNS to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) on my iPad and iPhone as per this thread and the problem seems to have gone away! Iā€™ll keep a close eye on it over the weekend, but my Roon clients havenā€™t been this snappy in months.

But they still donā€™t show album covers ?

Album covers, info, artist pics, playlistsā€¦ everything is loading quickly. The worst for not loading was Qobuz content not in my library, and thatā€™s now coming up quickly as well. Iā€™m running build 846.

As I said, Iā€™ll watch it over the weekend but so far so good!

I am also running the latest build but album covers are not displayed in the this screenshot playlist overview

@kevin This is an industry standard used by Spotify, Qobuz, ā€¦ and was previously also showing all the time correctly in Roon.

Did you happen to change the DNS settings on your Roon Client device? Thatā€™s what did it for me.

Can you do a screenshot of your Roon client on mobile?

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Went in this morning to take a screenshot and back to same behaviour as before.

@kevin So what is the timeline, approach to fix this?

:man_dancing: just realized this is finally solved since build 880.

Thank you :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @kevin @beka @dylan and the team!
This was very important and makes using Roon every single time a lot more usable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.