iPhone really needs swipe right to go back

Yes, a very much wanted feature for me as well, swipe to go back AND forth on IOS AND OSX AND Windows. That is the way most apps work nowadays. Roon is great but the stubborn UI consistancy for different OS is going to be an archiles heel.

As far as the IOS ipad app is concerned it loads annoyingly slow everytime. Now I now that IOS is the worst multitasking OS imaginable so it is not Roon fault bur it would be very helpfull if Roon could stay active in the background. Don’t know if Apple wil allow this but As it is now every time I click on an weblink or wiki link from within Roon it opens up in Safari. Going back to Roon takes ages for Roon to start up again, very annoying.

1 Like

I very much want apps on iOS to be allowed to continue running so avoid the reload/wakeup time each time. I keep an iPad plugged in on a kiosk stand and use the backlight button to ‘turn if off’ but want the app(s) to keep running. iOS doesn’t allow this currently and I suspect never will to preserve power/battery life.

Bump!

I wanna swipe on OSX and iphone :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is an interesting point. In the past, UI consistency was a valid Dev argument for not implementing iOS-style swipe functionality. However, if that swipe functionality is now standard practice on most touch-enabled OS, then it really should be implemented in Roon. It’s a huge boon for usability.

Agree, can’t count the number of times I’ve tried to swipe to go back

1 Like

It’s maddening. You can swipe to go back in almost every app out there, I don’t understand why Roon has to be different.

Please please please.

What about triggering all the functions your finger travels over when you swipe. to me pushing the back or forward button makes more sense.
Sure I am stirring a hornets nest.
It is also faster to push a button than to swipe.

Swipe actions are a basic function of any app on iOS. The fact that Roon does not conform to these conventions makes the app stand out as sub par on iPad and iPhone. iOS devices are my primary controllers, and the inability of the developers to implement these basic gestures is making me consider other alternatives.

Is there a roadmap for solving this? Since it’s been some years already, it doesn’t appear so?

If it is on the roadmap it took a wrong turn down a one way dead end street 2 years ago…

The first reasoning was all the horizontal scrolling present in the app plus the swipe to go back would just confuse the browsing experience, or something to that nature… I think it’s just pure lack of interest and laziness to be honest.

The next reasoning will be that there are larger more pressing issues that need to be worked out before we consider this lower than whale s**t, and that’s at the bottom of the ocean priority task.

(was that too much? :thinking: i’m still on my first cup and didn’t sleep well…)

2 Likes

I don’t get this, I can swipe back on my android Roon app, but it’s a left swipe for back not right. Your saying you cant do this at all on iOS?

correct. no ios gesture support. silly roon.

Thanks for the info. And no, that wasn’t too much, I’d say you hit the mark perfectly.

Still very annoying we don’t have this

A big +1 from me!

Now working in 1.8 on iOS - thank you!!!