iPhone X - update [resolved]

Hrm… unfortunately I’m not having this issue on the emulator and my iPhone X delivery had a mishap and is not scheduled until dec 14-21 :frowning:

soon guys… soon!

1 Like

Just got mine.
The only problem is black bars top and bottom, doesn’t fill the display.
And since the OLED is totally black, doesn’t even look like letterbox, looks like bezels.
So while I’d like an adjustment, it moved to 89 on my priority list…

Here is an optimized app (Safari) and Roon… you can see the height differences. I too was hoping for an iPhone X optimization within the latest update…

Get my iPhone X in a couple of weeks :slight_smile: guessing this won’t be fixed by then but not worrying…

my delivery date changed to: 08 Dec, 2017 - 15 Dec, 2017 — once I get the device, im sure itll get fixed fast, and then itll just be apple rollout.

1 Like

Looks like Apple have pulled the delivery back by a week @danny :grinning:

No problem on the wait. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the new phone when it finally arrives.

What surprising is that the simulator is not catching the format issue. Can’t imagine other developers all have their new iPhones already. Was actually shocked Facebook was ready on day one. Google still hasn’t updated their news app. Once updated it’s just a cleaner look.

I’m not an iOS guy… this phone is purely for fixing this issue and others that might come up. I have a single iOS device by choice: an iPad Pro 12.9" for running Roon, but it does very little else — but boy does it do Roon well.

1 Like

got iPhone X – I see the issue, but it’s worse than I thought…

unsure what we will end up doing here… needs graphics work or status bar back maybe…

1 Like

It’s a challenge a lot of responsive website developers struggle with these days. The problem has already been named: The Notch. There are already some workarounds available:

Maybe it helps to find a soultion for the roon GUI.

Don’t think it’s a good idea to put your menu and search buttons in top corners since you also use that area to bring down control panel or notifications. Maybe put clock and status in there with the blurred album background going out to the corners underneath. Your buttons should start under the notch. Just noticed your forward browser button cut off by notch.

Also for all mobile apps, would be nice to have forward and back buttons instead of just play on main screen. If space an issue than at least forward button added like Tidal mobile has.

1 Like

We made a ton of progress on the design of this today… it’s a huge change actually. Hoping to have something to show soon, and release soon after.

4 Likes

Hi, any news on the iPhone X update? Maybe a little teaser to show us :slight_smile:

just waiting for app store + next release

note that the bottom looks good too

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: How many covers on ipad pro?

That looks great.

My only additional request would be if back and forward buttons could be added next to play button in that screen? Looks like there’s space if those button made smaller.

Has the update been passed to Apple? How long time does it usually take to go trough the approval process?

Can’t wait to get the iPhone X updated app :slight_smile:

He mentioned next release. So think waiting for either minor or major release of roon itself. Not urgent enough request to send to Apple on it’s own since wasn’t broke.

I’m more eagerly waiting to see if roon has any year end surprises in store.

it’s out!

4 Likes