iPod touch not showing as audio zone

Hello

I have a number of iOS devices that all work fine as a roon endpoint if I want to use them as such except the one I sometimes would like to use which is my iPod touch. I have this next to my bed to listen to meditation apps and podcasts. It’s a late model iPod touch 7th generation with iOS 15.1

It also runs Roon fine, I can use it for example to remote control a Naim Uniti, this works perfectly. The only thing that does not work is playing music in Roon to the iPod itself.

I go to Settings/Audio in roon and then I get no option to select my iPod to play to (see picture “ipod”). The same thing on my iPhone works just fine (see picture “iPhone”). I am not offered the local iPod as a zone to enable, there is just no such entry.

What am I doing wrong?

Chris

Phones and tablets are default private. Try setting private zone off, I think it is settings/setup

That won’t stop it showing up on the iPod itself though will it which is the Ops issue. Not that it doesn’t show on other remotes.

I’m having this same problem! Did you ever find a solution?

In the meantime it works for me. I think it fixed itself in one of the roon software updates

Sorry to not be of more help

My iPod Touch became useless as a Roon device around the time Roon went to V2.0. Same thing happened with an iPhone SE. Neither of them run a current enough version of iOS to be compatible with Roon.

What iOS do they run , my (7 Year) old iPad Mini is on 12.5.7 and still runs Roon Remote happily . Its old battered and the battery is trashed but it Runs Roon.

I found this so anything younger than 6 gen should work. Mine is a 160Gb Classic , not even iOS :joy: