Is Chord Mojo on the way out?

I assume so as my phone drops to sub 3g in certain areas still. Vodaphone supply all emergency services her so maybe it’s still needed to allow full coverage.

I think Vodafone have discussed turning 3G services off in 2023 but 2G will continue to 2025. Apparently there is more use of it for some reason to do with smart meters (which I refuse to have)

Just had a quick look to confirm and some information below if anyone is interested.

Once Rob found the issue it was fixed in Hugo2 and HugoTT2 etc etc.

The good news going forward is Mojo2 won’t have the issue !

The story of how the issue was found is funny.

RF experts brought in to help find the source of the issue.

But in the end the problem was something quite simple and obvious in the end

Note this is from 2017 and it was all public discussion so there’s nothing new being discovered here…

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/post-13888162

1 Like

I heard from a retailer in the UK a few weeks ago that the Mojo 2 was coming, but didn’t know when.

1 Like

Of course it’s coming, but not this year.

1 Like

Maybe they will have fixed the overheating issue in the original or maybe they had to totally re design it to fix it.

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

I don’t even remember for how many years I’ve been using my MOJO, but more than 4-5. Never had any issues. What issues did you have?
I probably could spend a 1-3k on a DAP, to get a sound that is close, surely not as good, but that would be silly.

1 Like

31st January 2022 it seems!

It’s here now : Mojo 2 - Chord Electronics Ltd

1 Like