Is it possible to have two different outputs at the same time?

So I’m currently wanting to add a TC Electronics Clarity M Stereo to my listening setup.
I’ve found myself missing the visualiser on the ADI-2 DAC more than I thought I would.

The problem: It has a max sample rate of 96khz. And HQPlayer (which I use for listening) cannot be grouped with other zones in roon.

Is it possible to run two simultaneous HQPlayer instances? So that I can have one outputting 768khz to the DAC, and another 96khz (or just straight passthrough) to the Clarity M?

If you are talking about HQPlayer Embedded, it should be possible to run 2 simultaneous HQPlayer instances. I have asked Jussi that question some time ago, and he confirmed it. This does not mean it would run without any issue from day 1, could and probably is very dependable of the platform your are running HQPlayer embedded upon, and the capabilities (platform and your skills) to eventually execute some modifications.
In the end I did not test it because I lack the knowledge . Please note that you need to buy a seperate HQEmbedded license.

If you are talking about HQPlayer desktop, and you have a license, you can test this rather easy by getting a new trial version. This provides all functionality (except for limitation of 30min), which should be enough to test it out.

Dirk

Hey Golden One, did you ever get this working? I’m trying to do the same but on a different setup. I just received a Holo May and Serene a month ago. Thanks for your excellent review. It pushed me over the edge and I opened my wallet. :wink: At first I thought I’d run the Clarity M Stereo off the ifi Zen Streamer, but USB (to May) and SPDIF (to Clarity) does not work simultaneously. So now I’m back to a MacBook feeding the May (USB) and a Behringer UCA202 (TOSLINK) to feed the Clarity. I think this’ll work? Clarity arrives today. But since I may be back to steaming from a MacBook, my next project will be to try HQPlayer.