Is Lumin sending DSD through to T+A DAC 200

Hi there,

I want to use the 1bit native DSD decoding chipset in my T+A DAC 200, so I have Roon set to resample all tracks to DSD64 before sending them on to my Lumin U1 Mini, and then onto the DAC via USB. If I look at the signal path in Roon though, it shows that the Lumin is doing a DSD to PCM conversion before outputting to the DAC.

Is this correct? I think my DAC should be able to accept native DSD and use its native 1bit converter chip to process the signals. Or is this what’s actually happening and DSD64 actually is 352.8kHz PCM?

Thanks in advance!

FYI @wklie

In Lumin app turn off volume control.

You should be able to resample to higher DSD256. In Roon enable Parallelize Sigma Delta Modulator.

1 Like

That’s got it - thanks as always @wklie !

Now that you’ve solved your ARC issue, I’d like to check your status of Nucleus freezing issue with DSD128 upsampling posted in:

To which I replied:

In Roon DSP Engine, enable Parallelize Sigma Delta Modulator. In Lumin app, turn off Lumin resampling. Try Roon DSD128 upsampling for a local file instead of Tidal, in order to rule out the possibility that you’re experiencing a Tidal slowness issue instead of processing speed issue (which should be enough if your configuration is correct).

1 Like

He @wklie ,

Sorry I was a bit preoccupied with Arc! The config you suggested is working well, so I have left Roon resampling to DSD128 and this is causing no issues - the Nucleus plays files without any hiccups. I’ve also left the Lumin upsampling to DSD128 for those times I stream music from other sources outside of Roon which is also working very well.
Thanks for the suggestions :grin:

2 Likes