Is ROCK accessible via NFS?

I was hoping to mount the USB HDD attached to my ROCK machine on to my Synology NAS, so I could directly mirror the Music Library stored on the NAS to the USB HDD.
I nearly got there but at the last hurdle the NAS says that “Connection failed. Please make sure the remote server is accessible via NFS.”
ROCK is the remote server, actually on the same LAN and all ethernet wired, no wifi involved.
Before going in too deep, is this an impossible aspiration, or have others succeeded in doing this?

Why don’t you attach your USB drive to your NAS instead? It’ll be a lot quicker too…

:grin: that would rather defeat the object, which is to have a copy of the music library local to ROCK, but being automatically updated as the library has items added on the NAS. Currently ROCK is still pointed directly at the library on the NAS.

It works with a few tricks. You need to enable SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and Guest access if I rememeber well.

Thank you, that is encouraging. Is that enabling on the NAS or on ROCK though?

This is what you need to do to access the Data/Storage folder in ROCK on a Windows machine to access the internal storage. I suppose it works also with USB attached storage.

OK thanks. I can confirm that I had already achieved access from a Windows PC to the USB HDD via the Storage folder in ROCK, and by mounting the USB attached storage on the Windows PC, did manage to set up the file sync from the NAS to the storage attached to ROCK by that route.
I am hoping to cut out the Windows PC, the middleman so to speak, from the process by mounting the storage attached to ROCK on the NAS itself.
That is where I have got stuck. It was all going far too smoothly before that!
This is why I was wondering if I had reached the point of trying to do something which was inherently non-feasible, or beyond the fixed limits of the ROCK OS.

Check the settings in the Synology Control Panel - File Services - SMB/AFP/NFS - Advanced Settings.
You may well need to enable some settings.

Thanks again. I cannot do this right away, but I will report back. One suggestion I found in Google searching was to enable Local Master Browser.

Okay Simon, i understand your purpose now. You might solve this by enabling SMB “workstation” on your Synology. I dont have a Synology though, so cant say how.

Local Master Browser sounds like it solve access by NetBiOS names, but you should preferably be using IP adresses (and reserved leases).

I have Rocks storage mounted on my QNAP to do backups of my library. It only shares by cifs/smb not NFS. You will need to put in username and password of guest and guest and then it should be fine.

ROCK does not have an NFS server built-in, but it does support SMB. NFS is not planned to be supported.

Works absolutely fine here. Just follow this link as general guidance:

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/FileStation/mountremotevolume

where it asks for userid/passwd, use “guest” in both.

Thanks to all for further inputs,which with any luck will close my ignorance gap. I will give it all a try and report back tomorrow, I hope.

Thank you again. After entering credentials as guest on the SMB option in the Synology OS, the remote USB HDD mounted immediately.

Sadly, after all that fuss it seems that Synology still can’t actually do what I want it to do.

To get Synology Drive to do it, I would have to load the Drive client on ROCK, which is obviously impossible, unless I go back to a Windows machine hosting the Roon core. Using Synology Hyper Backup I think that I could do it, but it would not sync in real time, only as a once a day back up.

So quite a lot learned, but to limited effect.

I do however now have a new 8TB USD HDD attached to ROCK, starting a verrrrrry long initial sync process, achieved as before by mounting the HDD as a remote drive on a Windows PC also on the local network, and running the Synology Drive client from there.

As that PC is normally left on, that will have to do. In truth it should work perfectly well, even if it is a slightly less elegant setup.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.