Is Roon compatible with remotes with buttons?

@danny Wanted to thank you for the Griffin Powermate extension. It is unfortunate that the Powermate is no longer in production, I managed to track one down that does not cost an arm and a leg. Got it running on Win 10 (Roon remote) as a service using node-windows, now I can control my Core running on audio Linux and also use Griffin to control control local apps.

Any word on this, or on any way to control playback using a remote with buttons (other than particular Roon Ready endpoints)?

I’ll be happy with something simpler (I’m sure this has been asked elsewhere). I use a MacMini as Core and the endpoint. It would be real nice if the Roon endpoint would respond to the MacMini IR remote. Play, pause, next track, previous track. Thats all I’m requesting! This is the only feature I miss after moving from Audirvana to Roon.

I am surprised you can’t get it working. I used a Flirc usb dongle to do that with my MacBook. Problem is it needs Roon to be the active program and for the screen to not have gone to sleep. Should be easier for a Mac Mini that is on all the time though.

https://flirc.tv/more/flirc-usb

Audirvana supports this using the Mac mini’s built-in IR receiver and the Apple IR remote. I wasn’t aware of the Flirc dongle, will look into it.