Is Sonic Transporter Available in the UK

I will be using Meridian MS600 as an endpoint. Does anybody know/experienced how they work together with ST please?

As Roon supports Meridian streaming, the MS600 will be visible to Roon as a networked audio device. The ST is running Roonserver on Linux, so no surprises there.

Note that you can only group devices of the same kind: Meridian with Meridian, RAAT with RAAT, Airplay with Airplay, Squeezebox with Squeezebox.

Hi

Are you saying that if I want to play audio in different rooms then I can only have the same type of device in those rooms i.e. all Meridian? Does that apply to simultaneous streaming of audio to different endpoints (not the same album) only, or even when only one end-point is active?

It applies to grouped (simultaneous) playing only. You can happily play different streams to different endpoints at the same time.

There is also import duty and a DHL handling fee and the shipping is paid at source not by the receiving party.

Yes we don’t add any taxes but you always need to pay any local taxes plus a small fee for DHL to collect them.

Import tax on electrical goods is 3.7%, so with VAT, that makes 23.7%. With the exchange rate around 1.3, I have been converting dollars straight to pounds.

I recently purchased the i7 version with no internal storage.

It worked out at £675 for the ST shipped and £125 in Tax etc paid direct to DHL.

Shipping is very fast to the UK from here usually 3 days. We charge about $50 USD for shipping and you need to pay the local tax. Same as you would pay on something purchased in the UK

Vortexbox do a Nova edition which offers similar functionality.