Is the newest Allo BOSS2 available on Ropiee?

Thank you so much. Grateful to you for sharing this for everyone.

1 Like

Trying to get my Boss2 working with RoPieeeXL. Most is working including the display. Thanks Zillich AndrĆ s. The only thing I canā€™t get working is DSD with Squeezelite. It shows itā€™s receiving DSD but it is silent. One thing Iā€™ve noticed with Squeezelite is that 32 bit is always displayed regardless of the file being played. With the DietPi that came with the Boss2, there was a selection for bitdepth in the Squeezelite section. If set to 24, DSD would play. Not sure why this would need to be set. UPnP works correctly. Display shows the correct bitdepth and DSD plays fine.

Tried the same on my Allo Boss2, but with no luckā€¦ The OLED is not working with RoPieee. I was able to follow all the steps, and I didnā€™t get any installation errors.

Anything I need to do in the config file?

Thanks in advance.

I actually figured it outā€¦
I had changed the RoPieee hostname, for the script to work the hostname must be the default ā€œropieeeā€

Thanks everyone!!

I think the RoPieee instruction is still a good resource to have here.

Did you ever get DSD over PCM to work with the roonbridge? I tried moode, volumio, and ropieee. Conversion tp PCM works but not DOP.

I never could. I gave up and went back to a regular RP4 with a DAC. Stuck the Boss2 in the garage. I think itā€™s and issue with Roonbridge as Iā€™m sure they are all using the same software. For some reason, Roon sends the DSD as 32 bit. The Boss2 wants 24 bit. I can get DSD to work with UPNP or LMS.

1 Like

I am the same way.
Roonbridge sends DSDwo 32bit.
I do not know how to rewrite roonbridge.

I just set up a Boss2 and the DSD playback still does not work

I know this thread is a bit stale, but I just got my BOSS2 and I canā€™t get setup.

• after some trouble, i did ssh into teh ropiee (although there is no option to ā€œenable sshā€ in my web interface
    I tried the steps above, but pacman doesnā€™t work - i have a very small bit of linux experience on manjaro and the command is entered correctly, copy pasted, typed, used sudo, without sudo - ā€œpacman: command not foundā€
    then I tried to follow BOSS2 official instructions - and they used apt-get which I tried with the same result - command not found
    I was able to wget, I have the boss2_oled directory but ./install_boss2_oled.tar.gz doesnā€™t do anything because pythonā€™s not on there

Any help would be appreciated.

• List item

I run mine using the stock distribution of Volumio