Is there a maximum or known limit to the number of tracks/albums/artist in a library

Someone told me they thought the database supported only a maximum of 150,000 tracks. I thought this seems low as mine indicated 154,000 currently which got me wondering what the limits are.

I tried a search but couldn’t find anything in the forum…anyone at Roon care to lay a finger on the details of the limits for the database, other than physical size restrictions of the disk?

Maybe post this info in features page…maybe I should check there but I don’t recall seeing it mentioned in past reads.

1 Like

@Paul_Chatfield I know of people with over 400k tracks on Roon that have no issues.

Russ

I suspect the limit is determined solely by your hardware … CPU speed, RAM and SSD. Limitation is certainly nowhere near 400k

I am not aware of any hard coded limit. Hardware performance and matching specs to library is where I think the answer lies as Evan says.

It is possibly more relevant now that we have NAS core options and I expect NAS performance vs library size could get closer to the edge with lower powered NAS.

By nowhere near 400k I hope you really mean well past 400k

Yip, that’s what I mean.

Hi Paul,

Maybe the person you were speaking to had heard about the 15,000 track limit with Roon Essentials on the Elac Discovery and got confused. As Nick says, Roon proper has no hard limit.

Ah bingo, that could be it!

2 posts were split to a new topic: What course for large library?