Is there a Roon Remote app available for Mac?

On the Roon Downloads webpage under Roon Remote app section it says it’s available for a Mac but clicking on the “Download from App Store” button it goes to the Apple Store preview page which says

“It is only available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad”.

The Mac is NOT listed however in the table below this as being available on the Mac.

I have been able to run the Roon Core app on the Mac and connect to my Core server but I was hoping for something more lightweight.

No; the Remote apps are for iOS and Android only.

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Smith3,
When used in this mode the Roon application is operating as a remote, it is more lightweight than when running as the Roon Core as the Core component is dormant.

This is the only option for the Mac, the Roon Remotes “Apps” are for iPadOS/iOS and Android devices.

You can install that Roon version for use as client only, but I don’t know if that makes any difference.

When launching Roon on both my MacBooks or my Windows laptop. It acts a a remote, since my Core is running on a Linux powered laptop.

As explained here, Roon acts as remote this way and doesn’t use the Core part of the software.

That’s true, but you don’t have to install the core part if you don’t want to.

Chris, what Mac are you using? My M1 MacBook runs all iOS apps just fine.

I’m using a MacBook Pro with an Intel based chip. I don’t believe it will run iOS apps like the Apple chip based Macs can.

You’re correct that Intel versions won’t run iOS apps, bummer

Repeating myself, but just install Roon client without the core.

1 Like

Sounds reasonable James :+1:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.