Is there any interest in a music files backup solution?

Sorry, it was a bit presumptive to ask you to confirm (now) that RoonBackup (whatever it may, or may not, turn out to be) wasn’t a prerequisite for RoonMobile (whatever that may turn out to be).

But I assume from your answer (and previous comment re. transcoding) that it is an idea that you have been kicking around and in many ways it’s a very sensible/attractive solution to that problem. Although less so for lifetime subscribers (who don’t need a backup solution) who could be facing an additional subscription cost to access their Roon Core remotely should that idea come to fruition.

RoonMobile (for want of a better name) has long been a feature listed as being ‘on the roadmap’ and yet as far as I know an additional subscription fee has never been raised. So that’s quite a big change if that is where your thinking is going.

That’s absolutly your prerogative as a company of course and I am sure there will be many who would be happy to pay an additional fee for that feature. I was just asking (maybe a tad too directly) if that was likely (or unlikely) to be the case — as I assume you haven’t only just started thinking about ‘Roon Mobile’ since starting this thread. But if you don’t feel like sharing that information now that’s fine.

Anyway, back to the backup brainstorming… :slight_smile: