Issue Adding Absolute Radio (ref#PFCWXD)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Describe the issue

Cannot add Absolute radio

To clarify…
I am considering migrating from Sonos. I have a number of URLs that work in Sonos (I’m in the US) including Absolute Radio.
When manually adding them to Roon I get an error that they are unrecognized

I know Bauer has geo blocked this in the past. But I have had good success on other devices in recent months. As a test I VPN’d to UK and added the station via browsing, but then after disconnecting, was told the station no longer existed

I don’t particularly mind how I need to add…but not being able to add a station that works in Sonos is a problem.

Thanks

Absolute Radio is in the database, but the streams are set to be geo-restricted to the UK

Thanks for the response. So I should interpret this answer as Roon won’t play the station. Even if I have a URL that plays on Sonos

Similar question but for Talksport 2.
I was able to add via search Talksport 1. But could not find Talksport 2. Both are available in Sonos

talkSPORT2 is in the database, but may also be UK-only.

talkSPORT2 is indeed in the database, and not geo-restricted, but note there is no space in the name.

Regarding the URLs for Absolute Radio, the geo-restrictions are placed on a station by the curators if the station site indicates that such restrictions should apply.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.