Issue with ARC connection on Macbook Pro/Sonoma OS 14.4.1 (ref#PQK76R)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· I use a single personal router not provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

·
Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
I don't have any system or third-party firewalls or antivirus software.

Have you successfully located and enabled the UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in your router's web UI?

· I've turned UPnP/ NAT-PMP on and ARC won't connect

Select the Diagnostic Keyword or Text String

· Something else

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

Cannot connect ARC. Macbook Pro/Sonoma OS 14.4.1

Describe your network setup

Apple OS 14.4.1 (Sonoma) using an Orbi Mesh Router and ATT Fiber ISP

What’s the error message (if any) in Roon > Settings > Roon ARC?

No specific error. Here is the screenshot:
In the Diagnostic Data it says:
{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 76.hhh.iii.ddd:55000, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“76.hhh.iii.ddd”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2600:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">501ActionFailed</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

The error is essentially this part:

You can find some suggestions here under Less Common Errors, maybe something helps:

Hi @jeffrey.olgin,

Thank you for your post and we’re sorry you’ve run into a port forwarding snag with ARC.

AT&T hasn’t commonly implemented the carrier-grade network address translation that usually prevents autoconfiguration, so this is likely a resolvable error in your network setup.

Let’s try the following. First, enter the port forwarding section of the TP-Link router administration page. Create a TCP (protocol) port forwarding rule pointing to the local IP address and port number listed in Roon Settings → ARC. Use the same port number for internal and external.

If you have a second router from AT&T, you’ll need to create an identical port forwarding rule in that settings page, as well. One for each active router.

If this doesn’t work, then additionally try disabling IPv6 in either the Mac System Settings → WiFi or in the TP-Link router.