Issue with Arc Connection - Orbi Mesh and AT&T Fiber Configuration (ref#4M0YUC)

Full form submission

Network Setup

I use my ISP's router alongside a personal router.

ARC Status

ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}, “upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”} }

Have you successfully located and enabled the UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in your router's web UI?

I've turned UPnP/ NAT-PMP on and ARC won't connect

Select the Diagnostic Keyword or Text String

Something else

Don't give up yet.

I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Unable to Connect to Arc - Using Orbi Mesh and AT&T Fiber

I am receiving the following message from ARC:
{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"99.aaa.bbb.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"10.0.0.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"s:ClientUPnPError501ActionFailed"}
}

UPNP shows to be on.

I followed the AT&T router portion of this post. I’m thinking the issue is on the Orbi side.

@Jason_Musante, please try the port forwarding approach I recommended in this thread:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-arc-at-t-nokia-bgw320-505-orbi-rbre-960/253501/2

The AT&T fiber gateways do not support Bridge Mode, so must remain in router mode. It also is not recommended you use IP Passthrough as you may expose parts of your network to possible secuirty risks. You need to set up two port forward rules per my instructions, and ensure UPnP is no activated on the Orbi router.

@Robert_F - Thank you for responding. I have turned off the IP passthrough as you suggested. I have ports forwarded on both the ATT router and the Orbi. UPnP is turned off on the Orbi.

I’m now receiving this error when trying to use ARC:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“99.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: UnknownError”}
}

@Jason_Musante, AT&T does not typically use the 10.0.a.b IP addressing, what is the IP address of the main Orbi router connected to your BGW, and what is the IP address of your Roon Server computer connected to the Orbi mesh system? I have an older AT&T gateway so I don’t have the identical configuration options your are showing on your AT&T BGW.

Also, have you deactivated UPnP on the Orbi router? That needs to be OFF when using this port forwarding configuration.

@Robert_F

Looking in the Orbi router settings, I see 192.168.1.67 as the IP address of the Orbi router.

Roon IP is 10.0.0.2

UPnP on the Orbi is off.

You are still running two networks. The Orbi main router should have a 10.0.a.b address, but from what you are showing it is still connected to the BGW as a regular device.

I don’t have an Orbi system, but with my ASUS router connected to the AT&T gateway (which is using AT&T’s standard 192.168.a.b addressing), I change my main ASUS router to 192.168.2.nnn and have everything connected in my home to that network. This way it is still connected to the AT&T router for general connectivity, but exists with its own subnetwork address scheme.

I believe the Orbi also should allow you to change its IP addressing to 192.168.(between 2 and 255).nnn and then reboot the Orbi. The Orbi should not be receiving a dynamic address from the AT&T router, but should have a fixed static address you create similar to what I described.

10.0.0.2 - I use a Sonictransporter I5

OK, the Orbi has been in router mode as you can’t port forward in AP mode.

I should select the ‘Use Static IP Address’?

Again as I don’t have an Orbi, I’m not sure how to configure it, but would try what you suggest. ASUS allows me to assign a specific LAN IP address for the main router, The “Use Static UP Address” may do the same thing on the Orbi.

That doesn’t seem to help. I appreciate you taking the time with me. Thank you.

If there is someone out there with an Orbi router and ATT BGW, I’d love to hear from you.

Hi @Jason_Musante ,

I would try to place the Orbi into AP mode and see if this helps, as it looks like you have the port forwarding rule already made for the ATT but Roon is having an issue with both of the networks.

I believe that once you put the Orbi into AP mode, then the full port forwarding duties will cross over to the ATT router, hence why it gets grayed out. If this does not help though, please do let us know.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. AP mode was correct but there was a second step that needed to be completed. After entering the Port Forwarding info under Manage Custom Services, that allowed me to use Application Hosting Entry. I chose Roon as my Service and Sonictransport as Needed by device. It now shows Arc as ready. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.