Issue with Configuring Roon ARC in Early Access B1389 (ref#DRHAJT)

Full form submission

Network Setup

I use my ISP's router alongside a personal router.

ARC Status

ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

The ARC settings page says "Not Ready," but I can still connect to ARC via cellular data. I'm having another problem.

I am running Early Access B1389 and Roon ARC cannot be configured and there is no error message posted in the Roon ARC Settings tab.

No error message is being shown:

I have rebooted everything and reset my two routers, but no diagnostic message is available.

Check your firewall settings. Maybe they got changed. I’m seeing this and Roon ARC working well.

I’m having the same problem - Roon says it should be fine, I also see the correct port configured in my router, but unable to access :confused:

Works for me :man_shrugging:

I wound up “killing” ARC in iOS and relaunching and it went right in :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks Jim, firewall settings are the unchanged and working. Roon works fine otherwise, just cannot get the ARC error message displayed.

This happened to a few very early EA builds of ARC, but reboots tended to fix them. Not this time unfortunately.

Hi, @Robert_F, thank you for your report. Could you, please, confirm that ARC on LTE stopped working for you? I am asking because it’s weird that you don’t have an error message in Roon’s UI, so I wanted to double-check on that.

We also requested some diagnostic reports from your RoonServer, could you, please, reboot your RoonServer one more time?

Thanks!

–
Ivan

Hi @ivan, I have always had issues with ARC, but it definitely does not work now. I have activated it again via port forwarding but cannot get it to work on my mobile network.

@ivan, I rebooted the Windows PC and restarted Roon Server around 2:32PM US Central time today, no change in ARC, still do not receive a full ARC error message (the screenshot above remains consistent with my Roon Server).

Thank you, @Robert_F, we received the diagnostics report, I am going to pass it on to the dev team. Hopefully we are going to figure out what the problem here is soon.

Thanks!

–
Ivan

1 Like

Thank you @ivan.

Another question, if I may, @Robert_F, do you have ipv6 enabled on the machine running RoonServer?

Thanks!

–
Ivan

@Ivan, yes, IPv6 is enabled (AT&T and their gateway requires it) but in a passthrough mode to my ASUS LAN router. I have not seen this behavior since the first 2-3 versions of ARC in the early Early Access releases.

This issue is resolved with the Early Access 1395 update.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.