Issue with Perpetual Search for Squeezebox Devices (ref#O7QIL8)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

How do I ...?

When I enable Squeezebox Support in Setting=> Audio it's permanently searching for Squeezebox devices. I should turn off my LMS. I have no LMS server installed in my entire network. I don't know if it could be neighbors, but they are not in my network. Maybe it's hidden and running in a device, but was googling for "Sonos + LMS" or "B&W + LMS" and was not successful.

What squeezebox device(s) do you have. Sonos and B&W are not Squeezebox devices.

I have no Squeezebox devices at all. I have no LMS installed somewhere in my network.

I was googling if B&W or Sonos maybe have an integrated “hidden” LMS.

Roon shows an error because obviously it thinks that there is a running LMS. I have no LMS and I don’t know why it is colliding with LMS. I don’t know how to find a “hidden” LMS to be able to stop it.

Say, what for would you want to enable Squeezebox support then?

Euphony OS, Roon + Stylus Endpoint.

Stylus Endpoint needs Squeezebox Support by Roon.

So that endpoint should emulate a Squeezebox, like squeezelite does?

Sorry, but I have no idea how Euphony OS + Stylus Endpoints work, maybe read their documentation how to implement that, and check out Roon’s helpcenter article.

Roon only supports hardware Squeezebox devices. They make it very clear that they do not officially support Squeezelite implementations in the Squeezebox FAQ Martin linked in the above post.

I will excerpt the relevant paragraph from the linked Roon FAQ

Squeezelite/Software endpoints

Roon does not support software implementations of squeezebox endpoints, and we do not test with them as part of our QA process. If you attempt to do this, you are on your own.

Since this is the case, I will move this to Tinkering since it is not a supported Roon environment. A fellow user there might be able to answer your questions.

Euphony is not the point and completely independent from the issue.

Roon seems to “see” a LMS where there is no one in my network. Roon is colliding with a LMS.

Again: I have no LMS installed somewhere. I want to stop this LMS, if I can locate it. Or is there a bug in Roon?

The point is:

When I enable Squeezebox Support in Settings => System

in Settings => Audio Roon says there is a LMS enabled (but I have none)

I just tested with my Squeezebox Touch, with and without LMS running on one of my RPi‘s.

As long as no Squeezebox device is looking for a server instance, Roon shows the same error message, but on initiating server search the SB-Touch appears in Roon’s audio tab and can be selected to play - same scenario with and without LMS running on my RPi.

And as @Rugby rightly points out, my Squeezelite client on the RPi never gets detected by Roon.

Hi Marin,

Thanks a lot for testing. This is an explanation which makes sense to me and I understand the behavior of Roon. And as written before has nothing to do with Euphony (which is not running).

And now I know and understand that there is no „hidden“ LMS somewhere in my network.

Again, many thanks!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.