Issue with Remote ARC Access Despite UPnP and Manual Port Forwarding (ref#4E5IB5)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· My only router was provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

·
Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
ARC is still *Not Ready*

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

My UPNP within the router setting is enabled and I've already set up a port forwarding manually, yet I still can't access ARC remotely. Can you please help ?

Describe your network setup

ISP: Singtel
Router: Asus AX11000
NAS: Synology

Hi @Osman_Aydogan,

In the experience of users on this forum, Singtel has implemented CG-NAT for their residential account tiers.

This prevents ARC from seeing the same WAN IP address in use by RoonServer. Unfortunately, this is at the level of your service provider and outside of Roon’s control.

I recommend inquiring directly with Singtel whether they have a dedicated IPv4 address or native IPv6 available.

You can also install Tailscale or a similar peer mesh VPN on both your RoonServer NAS and the phone with which you use ARC. This is a technically unsanctioned workaround, but one most users in your position have found successful.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.