Issue with Roon ARC connectivity on Baetis Rev-X4A device (ref#7BM0OY)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· I use a single personal router not provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

·
Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
ARC is still *Not Ready*

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

I am running my Roon server on a Baetis Rev-X4A device (running Windows 11). When I first got it (about a year ago), Roon Arc worked without any issues. I had not used Arc for about 6 months and when I tried it recently my iphone, I was not able to connect. When I returned home and was able to access Roon and my Roon server, the Roon ARC setting say "Not Ready". The diagnostics data was:

{
"ipv6_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"99.hhh.iii.jjj","actual_external_ipv6":"2607:aaa:bbb:ccc:aab:abc:acd:ade","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.74.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"s:ClientUPnPError501ActionFailed"}
}

Describe your network setup

ISP is Rogers Communications. I'm located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

f Router is a Orbi RBK852. It is set up for remote access. Modem is a Rogers Ignite modem; which is in bridge mode and the Orbi router is attached via an ethernet cable.

Hi @Murrayb,

This error indicates that the UPnP service pre-installed in the Orbi router is either out-of-date or misconfigured.

There are two troubleshooting paths here:

1. Disable UPnP entirely in the Orbi web administration and instead create a manual TCP port forwarding rule pointing to the port number and IP address listed in Roon Settings → ARC.

2. Toggle UPnP on/off in the Orbi router web administration to prompt any updates to the service and see if Roon then autoconfigures UPnP.

If the above options still aren’t working, please post here. There’s a chance that Rogers has implemented CG-NAT for your account tier - anecdotally, Rogers doesn’t have CG-NAT in the Toronto metro region from my experience, but their implementation is changing constantly.

Thanks for your reply, Connor.

I tried your #2 suggestion first and it did not resolve the problem.

I then tried your #1 suggestion and it did not resolve the problem. In Roon, I received the following error message:

{
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“99.hhh.iii.jjj”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2607:aaa:bbb:ccc:aij:ajk:akl:alm”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

In the Orbi Advance settings, I clicked on Port Forwarding / Port Triggering and (a) made sure the protocol was TCP; (b) put in the server IP address for my Roon server; (c) selected port 55000 (for both internal and externalstart ports and changed the Port setting in Roon Arc to 55000 (I also tried a range from 55000 to 55010). I then gave up. :grinning: