Issue with Roon ARC not ready due to network timeout and NAT/UPnP configurations - Port Forwarding troubleshooting attempted (ref#D7Q39X)

Full form submission

Network Setup

I use my ISP's router alongside a personal router.

ARC Status

ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}, “upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”} }

Have you successfully located and enabled the UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in your router's web UI?

I've turned UPnP/ NAT-PMP on and ARC won't connect

Select the Diagnostic Keyword or Text String

Something else

Have you configured bridge mode?

I plan to configure port forwarding manually by creating rules in my router settings.

Is your secondary router in Bridge mode?

No, it's not in Bridge mode

Have you created a manual TCP port forwarding rule on both routers according to the instructions?

Yes

What status do you see when visiting Settings > Roon ARC in Roon?

ARC is "Not Ready"

Don't give up yet.

I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Roon ARC NOT READY

{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkTimeout","status_code":998,"error":""},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"223.aaa.ddd.fff","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"}
}

SETUP IS AS FOLLOWS:

ISP ROUTER (WiFi Disabled) > LAN PORT > TP LINK WAN PORT.

Tried Port Forwarding troubleshooting steps multiple times.

You will likely have a double NAT issue on your lan which will prevent a single port forwarding rule from working.

The best fix for this is to do one of:

• put the ISP router into bridge mode or modem only mode if that is possible.
  • put the tp-link into access point mode

Either one of these actions will eliminate the double NAT.

If you can’t do either of those solutions for any reason, you will have to create a manual port forwarding rule on both the ISP router and the tp-link. uPnP will not be able to do this for you.

On the ISP router create a rule to forward the ARC port traffic to the WAN side ip address of the tp-link router.

On the tp-link router create the manual port forwarding rule as described in the ARC port forwarding help article to forward ARC port traffic to you Roon Server.

1 Like

Hi @Ravi_Teja ,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out here! As @Wade_Oram noted, it looks like you have two routers, and to have ARC working you’d need to do port forwarding on both, or place one of the routers into bridge mode.

If you are still having difficulties after reconfiguring the network as per above, please let us know the exact model/manufacturer of both routers and your ISP information so that we can have a better overview of your setup. Thanks!