Issue with Roon Support on Sugden DAC 4 (ref#0HD37R)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· My device has never shown up in Settings > Audio

Describe the issue

I have a Sugden DAC 4 and it seems there is no Roon Support and nothing showing in the menu??

Sugden aren’t a Roon partner, you’d have to contact them for support.

Although Sugden isn’t a Roon partner, most DACs do work with Roon. Therefore, it would be helpful if you explained how you have connected the DAC to Roon.

Yes the Sugden DAC works. It just does not show as for example a Bel Canto DAC did when pluuged in to my Melco N100 network bridge via USB. There are no options in roon to optimise the Sugden Dac? Just wondering if there were any plans to add Sugden to the Roon family?

I rang Sugden today in Heklemondwike Yourkshire UK and they said They had not heard of Roon… Anyway i made them aware of who you are and the support you provide through yourselves and partners… May be worth a phone call?

Add imag

es

I’m a volunteer moderator and community member like you.

You can ask them to visit the Roon website, and make contact themselves.

https://roon.app/en/

I dont understand how these things happen. The conversation this morning may make Sugden curious? But they only make amps really. The DAC is a Burr Brown Chipset and it is only 16 bit.

This is an integrated circuit Sugden used to build their product (a DAC is more than this.) Nonetheless, you can configure the DAC manually using the device settings to set its capabilities, although in many cases, Roon will get these direct from the DAC anyway.

Roon Tested means the DAC was tested by Roon – the supplier provides the hardware for Roon to use – and optimal settings are configured automatically. Custom line art is also used when the DAC is Roon Tested.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.