Issues with creating playlists and empty playlists browser in Roon ARC

Anyone else finding their playlists aren’t visible on the playlist screen in ARC with this release? They appear correctly on Roon Remotes :man_shrugging:

Edit: @Early_Access To clarify, they only appear in ARC after they have been modified. I’m guessing this is the same problem as referenced here:

Another glitch involves the new ability to transfer to Qobuz. This works brilliantly, much better than Soundiiz. However, after copying a bunch to the Qobuz location in Roon they are created but appear empty (0 tracks, 0 seconds), and iconless, until clicked or modified.

Are you sure you’re running the latest build? Build 1379 on both Server and Remote?

We fixed a similar issue in that release, so please confirm if you’re fully updated and still seeing this issue. Thank you!

Yes, I can confirm that’s the case. If it makes a difference, I was doing all the work on a Windows remote (B1379).

@dhusky, have you seen this issue on previous builds in EA or it started to happen only after #1379 and #243 went live?

Could you, please, provide illustrations for what you are seeing? To be precise, could you, please, provide an illustration of these steps:

However, after copying a bunch to the Qobuz location in Roon they are created but appear empty (0 tracks, 0 seconds), and iconless, until clicked or modified.

Does it affect several albums or only one certain ones?

Thanks!

Ivan

@dhusky, could you, please, also check if this issue is still present for you?

Thanks!

Ivan

I’m also missing playlists (afspeellijst in Dutch.)
See below:

It shows only one playlist but I have more of them. Did nothing with the playlists.
I am on Android ARC build 243.

I had this problem too. Reinstalling the arc app helped for me.

@Joost_Hoogland, thank you for the information. Could you, please, answer the following questions:

1. Did they disappear after the latest update or it’s been present for some time already?
  2. Did you take the first EA update which was had new playlist functionality in it?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan,

I also had the issue where my Qobuz based playlists showed but, none of my Roon based playlists showed in ARC (latest versions of ARC and RoonServer). I noticed however, that if I made a change, like created a new folder and moved one of the Roon based playlists into that folder it would suddenly show up in ARC. That worked for all 7 Roon based playlists I tested. The ones I left untouched are not visible. I suspect a refresh issue of some type, where making a change like moving a playlist to a new folder, is forcing a sync for that playlist.?

I think what happened here is the result of the previous bug that appeared when migrating to #237 which was investigated and fixed here

We fixed the case when someone is going from the current production to the EA build which contained the fix, however, it was hard to fix a migration from broken state #237#243 and that’s why you are seeing this. So, probably, moving playlists around is a valid workaround for this now :frowning:

Apologies for troubles.

Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ivan,

1. I’m not sure. I don’t use the playlist functionality much on ARC. I started checking because of the update of the functionality and the mentioning of problems.
  2. I installed all the updates (EA and Production) when they arrive. Don’t know the exact sequence of updates.

Got it, @Joost_Hoogland, but am I getting it right that you took the #237 update on the ARC side?

Thanks!

Ivan

Yes it is…they only appear in ARC after they have been modified in some way.

I only tested this on the most recent build Im afraid. I went through and edited all 80 playlists so that they appeared correctly, which means there’s no screenshots to grab, but I can confirm every list was affected and every list was fixed by an edit (name change).

To give context, I had around 80 local playlists that I selected, hit copy, copied to Qobuz and voilà.

@ivan I think I have this, too, but with a twist: ARC shows different numbers of playlists than Roon:

In Roon I have 19 lists directly in the playlists view, and 24 in the Qobuz category, 0 Tidal, 2 By Roon, 6 Daily Mixes, 4 Hifi, 3 Howe Gelb.

In ARC it’s zero directly in the playlists view and 18 in the Qobuz category. The other folders are the same (containing Roon/Qobuz lists and local lists)

Of course, I had always EA and so took the first update in EA as well. As this proved difficult to fix in the code, what’s the solution now, reinstall ARC?

Thank you for response @dhusky.

@Suedkiez, quick question, am I getting it right that you took the #237 update, you did not use playlists in ARC and did not use the work around from this thread or is it not correct?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan,

I didn’t skip an update. Could I have not installed one?

Yes, 231 > 237 > 243, always in EA

I had a look at it with 237 and probably 243 to check out the new stuff. I did create the folders in Roon and moved some playlists into them. But I am not sure if I took a look in ARC at all, probably not. I didn’t actually use playlists as such in ARC.

I had missed it, sorry. OK, after moving (in Roon) the whole bunch in the main area to a folder and back, they now appear in ARC :+1:

As for the different number of Qobuz playlists:

• I can’t move those out of the Qobuz folder at all. I guess this is by design because it affects both those that I have in ARC and those that are missing.
  • I can’t see a difference between those that are missing in ARC and those that are OK. One example is the playlist named “Jack White’s Led Zeppelin Picks”, if you want to check my logs remotely

Thank you, @Suedkiez, I think the Qobuz playlist number mismatch is a different issue, we are going to take a look, thank you for flagging it!

Ivan

@Joost_Hoogland, I think you should try the workaround described in this post. Unfortunately, it w@ really tricky to fix those users who initially got into the broken state when updating to #237. When you do the move action as describe int he message I linked above, your playlists should become visible again in roon arc.

Thanks!

Ivan