It's not THE Dog Faced Hermans [SOLVED]

Hi,

I assume that this topic is read by the @support group?

I added five albums from the Scottish post-punk band DOG FACED HERMANS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_Faced_Hermans) into Roon. One album is listed under their correct name, four are filed under THE DOG FACED HERMANS, which is the wrong name. Even if I manually change the band’s name into their correct one, it only affects the way it is seen in the library but won’t lead to merging all albums into one group. I guess the Roon database has to be updated? Please do so!

Also I wonder why this happened, because I told Roon not to use the Roon database content for interpreting my music during import.

EDIT:
Same with PALACE BROTHERS. It’s not THE PALACE BROTHERS!

Hi @Bernd_Eichhorn1,

Can you share a screenshot of the albums where you’re seeing this?

Thanks!

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to have an option within Roon to report these database errors? Maybe with the option to add some explanatory text what is wrong. I also have some examples of misnamed albums or artists, but I was always to lazy to report here on the forum.
BTW great name for a band :wink:

1 Like

Sorry for my delayed answer: yes I can:

Thanks, @Bernd_Eichhorn1 — We’ve reached out to our metadata provider about this and will follow up once we’ve heard from them.

Hi @Bernd_Eichhorn1,

Our metadata provider has let us know that they have corrected this today. Please give this about a week or two to be reflected within Roon. Once you see the change on your end please mark this post as the solution.

Thanks for the report!

Hi,

the “problems” seems to have been solved. Both band names now show up correct.

Cheers,
Bernd

1 Like

I love them! Those Deep Buds in particular.

1 Like