Jazz Groove not working

If possible, please confirm all the FLAC streams are working for you as a JG subscriber, from Roon and Lumin app.

Well I usually only listen to JG1 and very occasionally to JG2 but happy to confirm both are working (FLAC/PLS) on Roon and Lumin app. It’s also somewhat easier to get that initial connection working since the outage.

I must be doing something wrong. I cannot even get the stations loaded into Roon: No matter which resolution I select, I get the following error:

I saw in the Knowledge Base that Roon doesn’t recognize URLs ending in pls, but that doesn’t seem to be the experience here. Soooooo, what am I being a dunce about?

Are you trying to play the premium flac streams?

This post may help

(Otherwise, just use the Roon database aac and mp3 streams from
The Jazz Groove Mix #1
The Jazz Groove Mix #2)

PS. Roon has no problem with .pls streams

I would also suggest that you might need several attempts to connect. I liken the initial connection process to JG is very much like fishing. You make a cast into the water and sometimes you get a bite straight away while at other times it might take five or more attempts but eventually you do get a connection. Once the connection is established it is usually stable for a long as you are connected. Also I assume you are a subscriber to JG? If you continue to have problems I’d suggest you raise a support request directly with JG. They are Jazz enthusiasts and will try to assist resolving the issue.

BrianW and BrianK, thanks much. Will follow up.

Good to know. They should probably update the Knowledge Base to reflect that.

Yes, I am. I filed a support request last night. They responded promptly and are helping me out.

UPDATE: FWIW, I was able to play all five JG streams in a Chrome browser. Worked beautifully. But I could not add a single one to Roon. Hopefully, they can help me get this resolved.

Where is it wrong? If it is, we can certainly get it changed.

From the roon KB I see

• Website URL. Roon will only accept an audio stream URL, not a radio website URL. Most audio streams end in .mp3, .aac, .pls or .m3u.

Brian, thanks for the follow up. Maybe I was hallucinating, but I could swear a KB article from 2021 said that .pls URLs don’t work. I will see if I can find the source for my perception.

I’m not sure the URL should start with “https://listen.jazzgroove.org” - BUT I cannot confirm that because I think my account is expired.

Please re-copy the generated premium URL from your account page. Alternatively, try cutting the part before ‘=’ , so that it begins with “http://streams.radiomast.io” instead.

I am a Jazz Groove member. The FLAC streams work for me using a URL that starts with

https://listen.jazzgroove.org/generate?url=http://streams.radiomast.io/

From @Greg_Hammond post I cannot see how the URL ends - mine ends with … .token=… =.pls

Hope this is helpful rather than confusing!

1 Like

When you are on the JG website are you using the “copy” button shown on the premium URL section? That copy button captures the complete URL string which you can then paste into Roon.

1 Like

Appreciate the inputs. I am just getting back to working on this. Was traveling longer than expected. To Brian’s question, yes, I use the Copy button on the JG website.

Hi Greg,

In the meantime everything runs fine again with JG and Roon! Thanks for the post!

Having an issue connecting with JG via Roon My Live Radio. JG is a subscriber FLAC stream. The JG stream has had connection issues over my time as a subscriber (2 yrs). However this time the problem seems to be Roon related. I’ve set up JG in Roon to connect to their FLAC PLS stream via my Lumin X1 network streamer Roon endpoint. When I can get a connection it tends to keep working most of the time. However for the past couple of weeks it’s not been possible to even get a connection established via Roon. If however I use the Lumin app to connect with the same JG FLAC PLS stream it connects straight away and will keep the connection. Would appreciate if it can be checked out by the Roon radio team.

Is it just the JG flac stream? What about the other, non-premium, JG streams ( The Jazz Groove Mix #1) - or any other radio stream.

Do other endpoints work?

I don’t have a JG account, so can’t test the premium stream myself.

I just tried to contact JG Mix1 (FLAC) from roon and it worked fine. Is this country specific problem? I used: http://streams.radiomast.io/d0105650-c51c-4842-ae39-f97b329acd2a?token=xxxxxxx

Apart from failing because I don’t have credentials, that link looks reasonable to me although I note it is different from @BigMal 's link posted above.

What might be best is to get in touch with @Paul_Goldstein who can confirm if your URL is current.

Yes it’s just the JG FLAC stream. Everything else works fine without interruptions. I can run JG fine through their web browser or as I mentioned via the Lumin app. Previous issues with dropouts were found to be related to their regional servers. This time it appears to be something different as I can successfully access the same JG FLAC stream through other sources other than via Roon radio. Perhaps there are different routing paths at play?

Hello @BrianK , the roon core doesn’t do anything different with a URL compared to other sources, but it does have a problem with some forms of URL. I don’t know why it doesn’t work now when it did before unless the URL you use has changed in some way, causing one of the bugs to surface. However, other users seem ok.

Did you try other endpoints?
Do you have a VPN in play anywhere?
Does anything show in the logs?

I’ve tried another endpoint with the same result ie no connection. However something surprising is that I’ve just tried selecting an older URL for JG Mix #2. I had set this up at least eighteen months ago and it’s working fine. It connects straight away and hasn’t dropped out. However this URL is somehow different to the current URL on the JG website for the same stream (JG Mix #2). If I try to create a new link to this stream with the current link given on the JG website, it will create the link but it won’t connect when selected in Roon. So perhaps there is something incompatible with the URL and Roon? JG did make changes to their FLAC stream about a year ago (PLS) which I think was done to better support metadata with the FLAC streams. Worth a mention that when I use the Lumin app to access JG FLAC, their app doesn’t display metadata.