John Cena (WWE wrestler) is NOT in Iron Maiden! [Correction Made]

I just noticed him in my collection as a featured artist in the overview page, and in a “WTF WWE” moment, I wanted to see where he makes an appearance I otherwise had no idea about… turns out Iron Maiden’s “Virtual XI” has incorrect Primary Artist links, and this is resulting in weirdness all round:

vxi

vxi2

I’ve corrected this in Roon, but wanted to let someone know if this can get fixed wherever it needs to be…

2 Likes

Hey @alex_london — Thanks for reporting this to us!

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that we are looking into this. I’ll be sure to report back once I have an update on the team’s findings.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hey @alex_london,

TiVo has let us know that they have corrected this today. Please give this about a week to be reflected within Roon. Once you see the change on your end please mark this post as the solution.

Thanks again for your report!

-Dylan

Dylan,

Thanks for the update. Since I’ve already manually fixed the tags on my side, I’m not sure how to check the change has been applied… If I re-identify the album (to get the incorrect artists again), will Roon then automatically re-update this after it has been changed in TiVo (or whichever other service is being used)?

I thought album identification and tagging happens only once when it is added to Roon?

-Alex

This is not corrected… The Iron Maiden album Virtual XI should not display credits from wrestlers?

Hi @Mikael_Ollars,

Our metadata provider confirmed that this had been corrected and, looking on our side, things appear to be correct here.

Was this a recent import, or something that’s been in your library for a while? Have you previously edited this album (which may prevent updates from being applied)? If you re-import this album do you see the same artists?

No, it was a while since this was imported. It has not been played for a long time though. I couldn’t find the wrestlers names under primary artist yesterday, and i chose “Prefer file” from albumartist under Prefer Metadata. That caused the names to disappear and only refer Iron Maiden.
Now i tried re-identifying the album, but the wrestlers names does not seem to come back.
So, probably you are right, this was old metadata, corrected now.

Thanks for responding!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.