Jordi savall - folias y canarios [Resolved - submit correction on AllMusic page]

Content you’re reporting an issue with

The album metadata for this album are completely wrong:

the problem is in allmusic database:

correct one (and corresponding to booklet)
https://www.discogs.com/it/Hespèrion-XX-Jordi-Savall-Folias-Canarios/release/5440276

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

local, file tags corresponding to discogs

Hey @Niccolo_Terzi

Thank you for doing some initial legwork on this and spotting the problem! Please click the submit corrections link on the AllMusic page to notify them of the metadata error.

Additionally, please understand that our metadata improvement efforts are focused on system wide fixes. We don’t have the ability to jump into the metadata and make prescriptive changes. Taking the next step, making the correction request directly with Allmusic has been effective in getting these types of changes made more quickly. Thanks!

Hi @jamie
In this specific case, the “solution” has been to un-identify the album and rely only on the (correct) file tags.
this not always works: in some cases roon bypasses the file tags at composer/composition level even on not identified albums.

about allmusic: the “submit corrections” link is more or less useless. in my experience, i’ve never received any answer from allmusic, nor any correction. that’s why i basically stopped making any submission (as many other allmusic and roon users)
i should say that I’ve bought a roon subscription, not an allmusic one.

anyway, i understand and agree that system wide improvements are more important. but i also have no doubt that the general quality of metadata must be a key point for roon, as most of “roon’s magic” (all?) consists in matching files (or streaming services albums) with metadata

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.