JPLAY ASIO driver not compatible with Roon Labs version 1.2?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the resync settings all the way up to 5s but it didn’t fix the problem.

Hi @Go_Ga ---- Thank you for your feedback and sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I’d like to gather some more information from you so we can start troubleshooting. Could you please provide the following:

1. Screen shots of your JPLAY settings.

2. Screenshots of BOTH tabs of Roon’s output settings for JPLAY.

3. Screenshots of Rooon’s signal path during the failures so we can what’s playing + any processing on our end.

4. In detail please describe your current setup to us.

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

I Have ROON Core running on QNAP NAS:
Model name: TS-453 ProCPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz
Total memory: 8 GB (7887.8 MB usable)
Firmware version: 4.2.1 Build 20160419

I also run RoonBridge on my JPlay Control PC:
Control PC hardware: Lenovo t410 laptop, dual core i7, 8Gb RAM, Blue Jeans CAT 6a LAN cable
Control PC software: Win 2012 R2, AO 1.4, Process Lasso, JPlay 6.2, Free Fidelizer 7.3

My JPlay Audio PC:
Audio PC hardware: Acer Aspire e11 laptop, dual core Celeron, 2Gb RAM, Blue Jeans CAT 6a LAN cable, 3 JitterBugs
Audio PC software: Win 2012 R2, AO 1.4, Process Lasso, JPlay 6.2, Fidelizer Pro 7.3

Hi @Go_Ga & @Eric, is there any update on that matter? I’m asking since I do experience the same problem in the combination of Roon and JPLAY as @Go_Ga, namely that playback stops when two consecutive tracks have different sample rates even though I defined a long ‘resync delay’ (tried many settings up to the maximum of 5 s). One might think that this is a DAC-related problem. But I doubt this, since JRiver (also in combination with JPLAY) has no such problem in switching sample rates; in JRiver I can use a much smaller delay (0.5 s). Really would love to get this working.

Hi @Shibumi,

I have changed my setup and moved to a single PC setup. Also, I’m now using HQ Player with ROON and I do not have a problem playing tracks with different sample rates since everything is now upconverted to DSD by HQP. The sound is phenomenal.

Thanks @Go_Ga for the clarification! I was contacted from the support for a investigation of my setup.