Kaspersky Reporting Malware Detected on Roon Installer [Answered False Positive - Whitelist Roon]

Thanks to everyone for their help with this. I decided to run the RoonInstaller64 program through the Kaspersky online VirusDesk & as expected Kaspersky considered it to be a virus. I then submitted the RoonInstaller64 file to Kaspersky confirming that I considered detection to be a False Positive. Since that time I have tried restoring the quarantined file daily but it immediately quarantined it again. I am pleased to say that today I have had complete success restoring the file and it no longer treats it as a virus. I have also scanned both the RoonInstaller64 file and the AppData Roon install directory many times and Kaspersky no longer finds the False Positive virus within these locations. Hopefully the problem does not return.

@Par_Linden would you perhaps try restoring your quarantined file again to see if you get the same results?

Thanks

2 Likes

I know this is both an old/current topic but I thought it best to give a final update on the situation.

Unfortunately it is no longer possible to scan the RoonInstaller and submit a false Positive on the Kaspersky website as the file is > 50 Mb. I therefore contacted Kaspersky through my account and they quickly replied with the following:-

Thus, it should be possible for anyone using Kaspersky with issues to resolve this when the update is applied to their database.

5 Likes