KEF LS50 Wireless II's ARE Roon Ready

Hi Aidan, I see zero point in upsampling at all if feeding to LS50WII in the vast majority of cases. I know some people use HQPlayer and upsample, I’m going to hands up here and say I haven’t used HQPlayer, so will not make a remark one way or another regarding it. If I haven’t done it myself, I don’t comment. With transcoding to DSD, again I wouldn’t bother, personally.

Other than that, basic network good practices (WiFi channel selection, use the correct band for the particular environment, remembering that 2.4GHz has low bandwidth/long range, and 5GHz has high bandwidth/short range).

Thanks very much Ben. Very helpful.

My LS50W2 are at version 2.2, Roon is at 1.8 and the speakers still do not show up as Roon Ready. Thread says to restart the server, obviously this has happened numerous times since the LS50W2 was certified, including the recent Roon update. The block on the Roon “Audio” menu shows KEF LS50 Wireless II 10.0.0.203 Uncertified. Clicking “Enable” brings up the uncertified error screen. The LS50W2 does show under “other network devices”, but none of the settings there seem to apply.

Any ideas?

If you have any security feature in the router such as firewall, disable it temporarily.

Reboot the whole network starting from the router, include the Roon Core and all your network audio devices, especially those that shown up as uncertified erroneously.

If that doesn’t help, try clearing the cache on your Roon Core as follows:

That worked. I just deleted the cache from the beginning.

Thank you

Hi,

I’m on version 2.4 and my LS50 Wireless II’s are still only showing up in “Other Network Devices” with AirPlay. I’ve deleted the Roon Cache, restarted the Server but nothing helped. All my Naim and B&W devices work fine. Any idea as to what else I can do?