Hello roon community and KEF LS50 Wireless II owners! I thought it might be helpful to have a separate Roon Ready thread now that our speakers are finally up and running with Roon. I have been streaming since this morning and they sound amazing. I am so glad that the speakers have been finally roon certified.
Here are some FAQ from earlier:
- If your speakers have updated to version 1.7 but are still showing as not yet roon certified, then restart your roon server.
- Don’t forget to enable roon and switch to that zone when streaming!
- Everything is resampled based on the interspeaker connection (either wireless or wired).
- Now that they are RoonReady, they behave like any other ‘RAAT zone’ would – and can thus be paired with any other RoonReady, Roon Bridge or Roon device (including other LS50WII).
- If your speakers are stuck during updating from 1.6 to 1.7, then contact Kef directly. I have contacted them personally prior and have always received timely responses.
- There are now default Kef sound settings enabled while streaming based on how you setup your LS50WII’s. e.g. distance from wall, if you have a sub, or if you have selected a particular make of sub. You may need to adjust some settings based on your particular tastes when it comes to activating the sub.