KEF LS50W Not playing 192kHz over wifi

If that works, leave the core hard wired to the router, then take the speakers up a floor and see if they still work.

Tried that, still no luck

Hmm… that’s a shame… while you have your speakers and core in the basement… you could try hard wiring the Kefs via Ethernet as well as the core and see if it works…,

Then you could maybe use a powerline Ethernet distribution from router to Kefs upstairs … not as neat a solution I must admit! :slightly_frowning_face:

@noris may have some better ideas…

Not sure how I would go about setting the KEFs up with the Ethernet, any ideas?
Thanks Dan

I have LS50w and Roon, the problem is 192/24 files do not play, garbled. I would like to try and set the speakers up so they are hardwire to the ethernet connection on the back of the LS50W. I have tried it with no success ,keeps reverting back to the wifi setting…help!

Sorted ethernet connection, but still garbled play back at 192/24?

Hi @Richard_Heyfron,

I recently spoke to our hardware team regarding your report and a few similar ones and we are going to reach out to KEF regarding this behavior. I will be sure to let you know when I have more details, but in the meantime you may want to try connecting them via USB to see if you experience the same behavior.

1 Like

Thanks Noris !

Sorted! Returned speakers, got replacement, plays 192/24 over wifi no problem.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.