KEF LS50W Not playing 192kHz over wifi

If that works, leave the core hard wired to the router, then take the speakers up a floor and see if they still work.

Tried that, still no luck

Hmmā€¦ thatā€™s a shameā€¦ while you have your speakers and core in the basementā€¦ you could try hard wiring the Kefs via Ethernet as well as the core and see if it worksā€¦,

Then you could maybe use a powerline Ethernet distribution from router to Kefs upstairs ā€¦ not as neat a solution I must admit! :slightly_frowning_face:

@noris may have some better ideasā€¦

Not sure how I would go about setting the KEFs up with the Ethernet, any ideas?
Thanks Dan

I have LS50w and Roon, the problem is 192/24 files do not play, garbled. I would like to try and set the speakers up so they are hardwire to the ethernet connection on the back of the LS50W. I have tried it with no success ,keeps reverting back to the wifi settingā€¦help!

Sorted ethernet connection, but still garbled play back at 192/24?

Hi @Richard_Heyfron,

I recently spoke to our hardware team regarding your report and a few similar ones and we are going to reach out to KEF regarding this behavior. I will be sure to let you know when I have more details, but in the meantime you may want to try connecting them via USB to see if you experience the same behavior.

1 Like

Thanks Noris !

Sorted! Returned speakers, got replacement, plays 192/24 over wifi no problem.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.