KEF LS60 Connectivity

Hello

I have just purchased KEF LS60 speakers. I wonder if anyone has tried to connect the primary speaker by ethernet and the secondary speaker by wireless. If so, were there any problems and how was the quality?

Regards

Stephen

Moved from Uncategorized to KEF

Had no issues at all with ethernet feed to primary and wireless to secondary.
Only limitation being 24bit/96kHz with wireless.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve connected primary to Ethernet and secondary via the interconnect cable. Gives me higher rez and more dependable throughput.

Congratulations on your purchase!

I have two pairs of LS50 IIs, which offer the same interconnect options as the LS60 with the same limitation in which wireless interconnectivity maxes out at 24/96.

Both pairs have the primary connected to ethernet. The interconnect on one pair is wired, the other is wireless because there is no aesthetic way to run a wired interconnect.

Both interconnect strategies work perfectly well. No issues with either other than the aforementioned bandwidth limitation.

Thank you for all your replies. It looks like I have nothing to be concerned about. I look forward to receiving my new speakers.

Hey Tony,
so with wireless they refere to the internet connection method?
if you put both on a ethernet they will play to 192KHZ or is this refered to the input of the music (i.e. it has to be connected with a capble i.e. USB-C to a Ipad?)
would be great if you could help me out clarifying this (I’m in the process of thinking of buying them speakers for my living room setup).
thank you
best
JP

Hi, @Jean_Pierre_Lang.

With the KEF LS60 speakers, the primary speaker can be connected to your home network over ethernet or wireless. Only the “primary” speaker is connected to your network and how you connect it (ethernet or wireless) does not limit the resolution of the content you play.

The speakers are also interconnected to one another. An interconnect cable is included. You have the choice of interconnecting them wirelessly or with the included cable (or with you one you provide yourself - it’s a shielded Cat6 ethernet cable). When the speakers are interconnected with a cable, all sources are resampled to 24bit/192KHz. When interconnected wirelessly, content is resampled to 24bit/96kHz.

This is what @Tony_Rixon was referring to - the interconnection between the speakers, not the connection to the internet or to source.

There are also input resolution limits based on input. From the LS 60 documentation, those are:

Network up to 24bit/384kHz
Optical up to 24bit/96kHz
Coaxial up to 24bit/192kHz
HDMI up to 24bit/192kHz

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

thanks buddy, yes this helps

1 Like