KEF LSX 2, can someone sanity check my EQ settings please

So I’ve experimented with the “easy mode” of the eq and what sounds better is pretty far off from what the app sets when you go by the physical placement of the speaker on the desk and how far it is from the wall.

This is the way I have it set up now settings wise and physically in my room, any feedback appreciated.
Thanks!

Note I’ve got the room set to much bigger than it is because I wanted the bass extension to be “standard”

Apologies right up front if you’ve done this purposefully or I’m just missing something, but do you have the distance from front edge of the table and distance from wall set correctly? The speakers look much closer to the wall than the front of desk. Tough to get scale from the image, but they look to be 30 cm or more from the front edge of the table and a good bit closer than that to the wall behind them.

Also wonder what difference it might make to have them on stands on the desk rather than just on stands or on the desk, at least in terms of the effect on the output.

Bottom line is that the settings don’t matter if you the sound suits your ear, of course! Let us know how you like them!

Yeah with the distances set “properly” it sounded waaay too flat. Also I didn’t know whether to measure from the front of the driver, middle of the speaker or otherwise…

Sidenote: it’s a standing desk, and in the standing position the set up sounds slightly more bright and “better”?

I think the front of the speaker - I don’t know much about speaker design, but from what I have heard and read, things like refractions and dispersion are influenced by the front baffle as the sound waves emanate from the driver, so that’s probably the intent here.

1 Like

KEF has published a quite excellent whitepaper on the LS50 WII – most of it (and certainly the DSP/EQ section) rings true for the LSX II as well:

1 Like

Ok after reading the white paper this is where I’m at:

Turned off wall mode, boosted the bass extension, turned up treble trim a bit

1 Like

You know what sounds really good, like REALLY good on these… Jagged Little Pill lol, like hearing it for first time

1 Like