KEF LSX and LS50 Wireless Roon Ready?

Morning

Are KEF’s LSX and LS50 Wireless speakers Roon Ready?

Cheers
Corey

No but …

Hi

Thanks

But I can add either KEF as an audio device and select to play from the Roon App?

Cheers

Yes,you can. Right now playing here.

1 Like

Hi Johan

Thanks for your reply.

I have setup like your screenshots but when I click play, this is the message I get

“Audio device refused to switch input to Roon”

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Can you add some screenshots? For now, I have no idea. Normally the LS50W swtich automatically to wifi when you start Roon to play music, I suppose the LSX too.

You should check your firmware. With the recent one it should change the input to WiFi automatically when playing from Roon. Does it work if you select WiFi input before playing from Roon?

Hi

Thanks all.

Working now after I reset my network and Nucleus.

Cheers

Add images

I always thought the LS50 wireless and LSX were Roon Ready…

I see that they’re not. Just to confirm, they would not be able to pair or link with the rest of my Roon Ready devices? I use Roon as a Whole-House audio system. I was thinking of replacing a pair of Sonos Ones in my kitchen with the KEF LSX, but if they won’t play nice in a whole house system either, then there isn’t much of a point. If so, I suppose I’d go with a pair of Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i instead.

Yes, unfortunately the KEF LSX are Roon Tested and hence cannot be paired in one zone together with Roon Ready devices. You can transfer music between the KEF LSX zone and other zones though.

Hello, I have some Sonos Play 3, I am not satisfied with the sound quality, and are keen on updating them.

I have 3 of them, two in stereo in my dining room, and one in the kitchen. Can 3 LSX replace them in one group, I only need those to play together, not synced to my other Roon devices.

Br Morten

Via AirPlay, yes. That can be grouped together in Roon.

1 Like

Thanks Ben :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sooo happy I read this. I just did the same thing and now it’s working. Thx

1 Like