Kef LSX and NAD M10 ... volume control though Roon?

Hi,

I am about to buy the Kef LSX speakers and the NAD M10 and believe both are just Roon Tested and not Roon Ready.

What I would like to know is if I can control the volume of those units though the Roon interface and if they can start playing the music only by selecting the track with Roon, with no need to use other app or remote control.

Best regards
Vasco Vaz

Not sure why you’re buying that combination, since both have power amplifiers built in.

Maybe M10 is destined for other speakers.

Hi Steven .

Thank you for your repply. These are for 2 systems. Actually I have already the NAIM Atom who works wonderfull with ROON , but don t like it s sound signature.

Regards

What you find wrong with the Atom exactly. I have one so interested in others opinions.M10 is Roon Ready via inbuilt BluOs so should work like the Atom although their have been issues with BluOs and Roon.

Actually it integrates wonderfull with ROON but with my speakers ( Neat Alpha) I found the sound not very forward. But I like this setup , just wonder if the M 10 would have a sound that liked more.

The Kef LSX were for a second system

Unusual for Naim not to play well with Neat speakers , they seem to be favourites on Naims forum. I think the Atoms low power doesn’t help, it does struggle to power my Tannoys at times. Not heard the M10 but most reviews tend to prefer the Atom when comparing, but you do have the advantage of Dirac.

So input switching on the LSX will not work if you use them over network.

Thank you. Unfortunately i see that Roon doesn t switch LSX speaker.

Vasco

What you want to do is this with KEF LSX?

When I listen to music with Roon & LSX, I do not use the LSX Remote control or KEF Control app, only use Roon Core & Roon Remote.

Ah ! Thank you Hitoshi. Yes , indeed I want only to use Roon remote and Roon core.
So :slight_smile:
1 - I can control the volume trought my smartphone ?
2 - If I start a track trought my roon remote the LSX starts automatically?

Why in one of your screeshots it says “volume unavailable”?

Once again thank you for taking time making those screeshots and to repply.

Vasco

1 - I can control the volume trought my smartphone ?

Yes. With Roon Remote App.

2 - If I start a track trought my roon remote the LSX starts automatically?

Yes. If the LSX is in Standby Mode, you starting a track can wake up the LSX automatically.

Why in one of your screeshots it says “volume unavailable”?

Red On/off icon means the LSX is in Standby Mode. To get control volume, I will tap/click the On/off icon to wake up the speakers, or start a track directly.

Unqualified YES to all your questions. I have LS50W & M10 (separately) and control all functions from Roon.