KEF LSX Introduction

Make sure both speakers and the source (PC or DAP) are all plugged into the same mains outlet. I use a 4-way mains block to power both speakers and my only analogue source, an AV-amp.

I had problems originally when my left speaker was plugged into a different mains outlet in my house.

LSX still has the issue where they get dropped by Roon if you change track a few times or change the play position in the track timeline.

Really annoying. Gives a weird psychological effect where I don’t feel free within Roon. When i use a different endpoint i notice the freedom. Weird but very annoying. Any word here @KEF or @roon on a fix?

(this in addition to having to use airplay to group rooms)

Happens to me as well. Plays relatively fine if you don’t touch it.

@Ben_Hagens would be the likely candidate for @KEF input

1 Like

I’m trialling my son’s LS50w in the bedroom (bought by his benevolent Dad) while he is off in a “bubble” wit( his girlfriend.

They certainly seem to have the betterment of the Bluesound Power Node 2i into Bose speakers current in use.

Position isn’t optimal and I’m thinking buying a pair would be overkill but their baby brother LSX looks promising.

Any comments, insight or advice?

.sjb

Lucky bugger

If budget permits, get/wait for the new LS50W 2’s

2 Likes

I had the LSX in my office, 10’x12’. They were great for near-field listening. I have the LS50w in my main living area. I use them for background music. They are very good with far more bass than the LSX, as you would expect. The main difference is the LSX support wireless connectivity between the speakers. The LS50w require an ethernet cable between them. This is for gen 1 LS50w. You can update the firmware in the LSX via the KEF Control app. On the LS50w you need a desktop and USB cable connected to the main speaker to upgrade. This is not a big issue as the firmware on the LS50w has not been updated in a year. In summary, the LSX are very good, the LS50w are better in that you get more soundstage, bass, etc…

2 Likes

I had the same problem. Tried wired LAN and apparently not having any problems. Don’t understand it but have just bought a 10m Ethernet cable. First world problem seems to be resolved :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been using Ethernet with my LSX from day one and never had a hiccup. Sometimes just go with what works!

Me too. Especially suitable for my apartment, where you don’t want too much bass, but enough for quality listening. I love them. Best thing I’ve bought in a long time.

1 Like