Keyboard Navigation Needs adjustment or rethinking

One thing broken by new menu is keyboard Navigation Tab and then a number. The number alignment is to the old menu. Now you’re a bit stuck, because if you change it people familiar with the old shortcuts will be mad.

I would recommend a re-thinkg of Keyboard shortcuts. First, have them be user configurable. I for one would want to customize Cmd-1,2,3,4 (Mac) to be Playlists, Albums, Artists, Live Radio, but am sure not many would agree.

Overall, you should massively increase keyboard friendliness. On EVERY main panel, the Filter box should be open and have focus. Flow should be:

• ALBUM navigation shortcut
  • Start typing name of album
  • hit ENTER to bring you into the album list area
  • Arrow keys to move focus
  • Enter to start playback

While some of this is feature request, the core report is that the Tab then # key navigation is not aligned to the new menu order. For those curious, Tab then dash takes you to Playlists.

1 Like

If you have your menu set to open then there is no need for Tab. Also, other than Tags (which doesn’t have a keyboard option) and History which is Control-Y; the 1 through 0 and the - are in the same order.

1 Like

I did not know that Tags and History should not be “counted”, so I did 5 and got Albums which did not make sense to me. I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that it corresponded to the “old” menu.

Tbh, I did not know the number keys did that, so TIL that.

Hitting “-” for playlists is not intuitive for me.